Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

2011 Q7 Air Suspension Light

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2023, 02:40 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 Q7 Air Suspension Light

Hi guys just got my first Q7 it’s a 2011 - drove home on the weekend must have covered about 200 miles approx, as soon as I got off the motorway stopped at the lights, the car did not start, had to jump start it!

Since then I have charged the battery and took it for a drive again, everything seemed to be fine, stop/start worked fine, but now I have a flashing yellow car symbol with the arrow flashing constantly.

The garage where I bought the car from thinks it’s a weak battery as the car has not been driven much over the last few months, as the person they bought the car from had it parked up for nearly 6 months.

I took it for a drive tonight, put it in ‘lift’ and got to the bottom of the road and it went into ‘off road’ but the arrow still was set at ’lift’ any suggestions what might be going on?

Have I got a weak battery which is causing the issue? Or is it something else. I’ve attached a few pics to this post.

Thanks

Set it to lift and drove off, when I got to the end of the road it dropped to off road but arrow stayed in lift but was greyed out

This is what the battery charger was showing , do these numbers look correct
Attached Files
File Type: mov
IMG_1174.MOV (12.27 MB, 7 views)
File Type: mov
IMG_1180.MOV (18.03 MB, 3 views)
Old 04-05-2023, 03:04 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 242 Likes on 199 Posts

Totally normal, their are speed limits to each height setting, lift is only to be used when going slow. I think off road tops out at 45 or so, then will drop you down to comfort. There is another level lower than dynamic that is not user selectable, it will do it automatically when driving over 100mph for a certain amount of time. You really should read the manual, tons of things these cars do them selves or can do for you if you know about it.
This might be the wrong manual, since it looks like your wheel is on the wrong side, but will get you started.
https://ownersmanuals2.com/audi/q7-2...s-manual-71967

As for the battery, was probably low as most these cars have failed touch sensors in the handles that cause a constant battery drain.

The yellow light means there is a fault somewhere in the air ride, you will need to get a VAG compatible scanner on it to see what it is upset with. VCDS is the absolute best, but ODB11 is cheaper and can run off your phone.
The following users liked this post:
-Wes- (04-05-2023)
Old 04-05-2023, 03:08 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Pothole5000
Totally normal, their are speed limits to each height setting, lift is only to be used when going slow. I think off road tops out at 45 or so, then will drop you down to comfort. There is another level lower than dynamic that is not user selectable, it will do it automatically when driving over 100mph for a certain amount of time. You really should read the manual, tons of things these cars do them selves or can do for you if you know about it.
This might be the wrong manual, since it looks like your wheel is on the wrong side, but will get you started.
https://ownersmanuals2.com/audi/q7-2...s-manual-71967

As for the battery, was probably low as most these cars have failed touch sensors in the handles that cause a constant battery drain.

The yellow light means there is a fault somewhere in the air ride, you will need to get a VAG compatible scanner on it to see what it is upset with. VCDS is the absolute best, but ODB11 is cheaper and can run off your phone.
I literally drove no more than 10mph for it to drop to Off Road

So the light being in defo means there’s a fault somewhere then and not because the battery is weak and car need driving about for a few days?
Old 04-05-2023, 07:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I doubt a low battery would caused by the battery, but its possible. You really need VCDS to DIY this car, or become friends with a garage.

Anytime the yellow air light is on there is a fault somewhere, if its blinking stop driving. You will see the green light on for a few seconds when you go to dynamic, or start in dynamic to remind you the car is lower.
You can check all 4 struts and the valve block with soapy water to check for leaks, but scanning for air codes will let you see exactly why is acting up.
Old 04-05-2023, 07:45 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I doubt a low battery would caused by the battery, but its possible. You really need VCDS to DIY this car, or become friends with a garage.

Anytime the yellow air light is on there is a fault somewhere, if its blinking stop driving. You will see the green light on for a few seconds when you go to dynamic, or start in dynamic to remind you the car is lower.
You can check all 4 struts and the valve block with soapy water to check for leaks, but scanning for air codes will let you see exactly why is acting up.
when is the yellow light meant to come on? I was told by the garage when the car goes on uneven surface it will flash, but mine is constantly flashing
Old 04-05-2023, 09:08 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 271 Likes on 232 Posts

Probably a leak in one of the struts, which is causing the system to work overtime to keep it at the correct pressure specification. VCDS will tell you much in the scan.
The following users liked this post:
Azzy420 (04-05-2023)
Old 04-06-2023, 08:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

The yellow light is a waring that something is wrong. Flashing yellow is worse than solid yellow.
I think if you have a bunch of weight in the back, or a heavy trailer attached and remove the weight it will flash till it has time to recalibrate/level itself. Other than that you shouldn't see the yellow air suspension light on.
Old 04-06-2023, 10:36 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

The yellow light is a waring that something is wrong. Flashing yellow is worse than solid yellow.
I think if you have a bunch of weight in the back, or a heavy trailer attached and remove the weight it will flash till it has time to recalibrate/level itself. Other than that you shouldn't see the yellow air suspension light on.
the boots empty there’s no one in the car other me, I haven’t even put the baby’s pram in the boot yet 😂 nothing is attached either, it doesn’t have a trailer or anything of such attached.
Old 04-08-2023, 07:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 764 Likes on 632 Posts

Nothing to do with battery level, although a weak battery will throw all sorts of internal error messages that need to be cleared out on this car.

Try this out: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-...curve-3048639/