Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

2011 Q7 Gray interior stais from jeans...

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 06:17 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use Adams leather cleaner and Leather Conditioner and it works great.
Old 05-07-2012, 03:10 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HJZ06 thanks for your reply, I'll try this one out too. See if it gives any results.
Old 05-07-2012, 06:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have been using "Leather Master Rapid S Cleaner" on my X5,Cayenne, now on the Q7, it works like magic...... u can order it from phil @ http://www.detailersdomain.com/
Old 09-17-2012, 11:29 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

After trying out multiple cleaners that were suggested in this thread, i went to the dealer and changed the leather on the chairs, through Audi warranty. The dealership told me that this a one time only service that they will provide and if I want warranty coverage for my seats, I should buy ResistAll.

I spent another $450 for ResistAll which I think was a Lexol coating, at least that's how it smelled after I picked the car up. 3 weeks into the new seat leather and I started experiencing the same issue. I was not able to clean the seat with any of the mentioned leather cleaners from this thread.

I called ResistAll and told them about the problem, this was less than 30 days since they applied the "ResistAll treatment" and they scheduled for some cleaner service to come to my home and try to clean it up.

The guy tried to clean it up but, by using some solution with high alcohol concentration, he burned my leather. When I told him that he just burned my leather, he became all defensive, saying that, the seat was like that before he touched it and that his solution doesn't burn the leather ... I'm no chemist but as i know high alcohol concentrate does burn the leather.

Anyhow, I got contacted by ResistAll today and they told me to ask the dealership if they have any dyeing service or if they work with any upholstery shop for issues like this.

Here are the picture I sent to the ResistAll representative:

and

I wear mostly GAP jeans, nothing funky!

What do you guys think? This is the second time i have this issue and the car just turned 18 months today. When I got the seats changed originally by the Audi dealership I asked how much it would cost me to get it in black and they quoted me close to $6k.

Any suggestions? I would like to hear what you guys think about this.
Old 09-17-2012, 04:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

I think you need to get your $450 back from ResistAll and the cost to repair your seat. And let them know you posted on an Audi Forum. At this point I am sure anyone reading this is not interested in ResistAll, in fact their new name should be Resist ResistAll.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 256 Likes on 216 Posts

I have a 2011 Q7 Prestige TDI with the same seats. I also have been in the dry cleaning and laundry business all my life. You should change brands of jeans. Fugitive dye is not the fault of the surface that gets stained it is cause by the poorly set dyes of the denim fabric. At the very least, launder them before you wear them on that light color leather seat. I have seen it happen to expensive leather purses too. Almost impossible to remove once it penetrates the leather. An acidic suffactant like simple green might improve it but always test on an inconspicuous area first.
Good luck. I am amazed that they replaced the seat upholstery for you. Great dealer.
Old 09-18-2012, 02:47 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

GRNMACHINE I don't bitch about ResistAll, because without them I would be paying for all the expense. They will cover anything that happens to my seats for the next 7 years. What I didn't like was that they said that if after dyeing it still happens i will have to get seat covers. I was @#$%!!!! Have you lost your mind?

J. Patterson, thanks for your feedback, but the jeans have been washed multiple times till the point of changing the leather on the seats. The top part just doesn't like anything dark at all. I have to mention that I can clean the bottom surface without an issue. Only that back side part is the issue.

I'll keep this thread updated as this whole story develops.
Old 09-18-2012, 05:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

should of used "Leather Master Rapid S Cleaner" from phil @ detailersdomain ..... I had dye from a jean on a Cayenne and it came right off.....
Old 09-18-2012, 10:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 256 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by drcyrus3d
I have to mention that I can clean the bottom surface without an issue. Only that back side part is the issue.
Interesting, do you by any chance have a blue leather belt?

Just a thought----
Old 09-19-2012, 02:41 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

coupegt87 thanks for tip i'll try that one too.

J. Patterson my belt is black and it's a soft type of belt, which couldn't have hurt the leather at all.

Quick Reply: 2011 Q7 Gray interior stais from jeans...