Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

2012 Q7 - Audi Connect

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 04:34 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 Q7 - Audi Connect

I just ordered a Q7 today (USA), and one of the codes that the dealer put on the Vehicle Order is 9ZW AUDI CONNECT ($NA). I thought Audi Connect was only available on the 2012 A7s and this point, and not the Q7s until later on.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I tried to find where I read this, but the US 2012 model will be available with Audi Connect. (No love for Canada.) I'll go through my web history and try and find a link. But if it's on the US order form, it's almost 100% sure that it exists in the US market.

Did they tell you how long it will take for delivery, very curious.

Last edited by arU4ic; 06-06-2011 at 10:26 PM.
Old 06-07-2011, 02:21 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

The dealer said "less than 4 months, probably closer to 3 for delivery". That was about as tight a timeframe they could give me right now. I'll report back when I get more information. Interestingly, they did have a 2012 Q7 that they ordered the beginning of May, it was to go into production end of May, and delivery ETA was end of July. They were unable to make changes on the vehicle (Prem+ -> Prestige), so I had to go to the end of the line. That vehicle did not have Audi Connect as an available option.

I was under the impression that Audi Connect was only available for the A7 and A8 this year, but then I found this press release you're probably referring to:
Availability
... In addition to the 2012 Audi A7, Audi Connect will appear this summer in the 2012 Audi A8 line, the 2012 Audi A6 and the 2012 Audi Q7. Future Audi models, such as the Audi Q5 Hybrid, will also feature Audi Connect...

So, I guess that feature will be available on my build. I not interested in that option, but the dealer is not charging me, or it's a standard feature that just needs to be specified during the order. No cost to me, unless I enable the subscription.
Old 06-07-2011, 03:28 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Subscription Cost of Audi Connect? Anyone know?

I too have audi connect (MMI) coming on our 2012 q7. Comes with 3 months free, does anyone have any experience with it? I think it can get google maps, make the car wifi, etc.....not sure of how one uses it on a routine daily commute around the city application.

Pros

Cons

Cost?
Old 06-07-2011, 08:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yes Ernie, that's what I read. (Man the memory is not what it used to be.)

It's good to have the option anyway, in a few years you might decide you want it and it will be there. I didn't want sat radio in my 2004 Allroad, but eventually I did and was glad it was there when I was ready to go for it.

Keep us posted and congrads!
Old 06-07-2011, 12:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

with the proliferation of smartphone devices that also does tethering and wi-fi hotspots. not sure how handy/convinient the Audi Connect will turn out to be. It means another subscription to manage and you already pay for it on your phone.

reading the reviews, most were not impressed with the google maps. it gives you sat pictures, but if it's GPS, I would just prefer the vector mapping and be done with it, simple.

However, some would say that with sat pics, or street view, it might be easier to find destination based on visual help.

I also agree that having the feature might be nice, since technology might improve in the coming years and having it might mean you can adapt or if the tech grows on you. Vs going back and trying to retrofit.

-ThinkMac-

Originally Posted by p@tha66
I too have audi connect (MMI) coming on our 2012 q7. Comes with 3 months free, does anyone have any experience with it? I think it can get google maps, make the car wifi, etc.....not sure of how one uses it on a routine daily commute around the city application.

Pros

Cons

Cost?
Old 07-24-2011, 07:10 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

any update on the audi connect on those already with a 2012 q7? is there overlay of google maps on these units? is the mmi updated at all compared to the 2011?

thx
Old 07-25-2011, 08:58 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Have it... at this point, 10 days of 2012 ownership, will NOT extend it past free period. Not sure of the product placement, is it an attempt to compete with onstar? You can sort by type of resturant, points of interest, find a website and say "go to this location". For my situation, not value added, especially for $30/month. Traffic, weather, etc... like others have said, apps on smart phone offers similar service.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:48 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

just drove the new a6 and have to say i really like the new MMI (and the car in general). does the 2012 q7 have the updated mmi at all? i'm assuming that the screen etc is the same physical setup as the 2011 but with new software? does the audi connect system put the google map data into the nav screen like in the new A7, A8, and A6?

Just curious...looks like I won't be getting my vehicle until Sept

Thanks

S
Old 07-31-2011, 12:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by p@tha66
Have it... at this point, 10 days of 2012 ownership, will NOT extend it past free period. Not sure of the product placement, is it an attempt to compete with onstar? You can sort by type of resturant, points of interest, find a website and say "go to this location". For my situation, not value added, especially for $30/month. Traffic, weather, etc... like others have said, apps on smart phone offers similar service.
Just curious: if you don't continue the subscription after 6 months, then what feature will you be left with? Is it still Google-map-like Navi system, just without real-time traffic info? or it does fall back to maps from a DVD?

thanks!!

Quick Reply: 2012 Q7 - Audi Connect