Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

2013 Q7 diesel Crank Pulley Failure at 47,000 miles

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2021, 04:50 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 76 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by cuatrokoop
I just put an order through, and I'm not very confident it is legit based on the email from the receipt. I'm probably going to attempt to cancel it through my PayPal account.
Yeah, totally going to attempt to cancel. PayPal email receipt shows a Chinese transaction.
Old 03-08-2021, 05:39 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Yeah, totally going to attempt to cancel. PayPal email receipt shows a Chinese transaction.
FYI, do NOT order from them. The PayPal payment goes through immediately, I have no order confirmation. The transaction email doesn't match the website, and the contact us email doesn't match the site and the link does not work. I am attempting to cancel the order through my CC that is tied to my PP account. I do not trust this transaction at all.
Old 03-09-2021, 05:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 774 Likes on 641 Posts
Default Different Order Experience

FYI, do NOT order from them. The PayPal payment goes through immediately, I have no order confirmation. The transaction email doesn't match the website, and the contact us email doesn't match the site and the link does not work. I am attempting to cancel the order through my CC that is tied to my PP account. I do not trust this transaction at all.
Sorry to hear that; it does sound like you got site-redirected or scammed.

I probably have as well, but will see how it plays out...this is why one uses a credit card for online purchases; zero liability.

Last edited by '10Q7TDI_Prestige'; 03-18-2021 at 02:07 PM. Reason: add site test details
Old 03-09-2021, 05:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by '10Q7TDI_Prestige'
Sorry to hear that; it does sound like you got site-redirected/scammed.

I, however, do have an order # with transaction/purchase receipt, and Paypal also emailed me that they have not paid the seller yet, pending the order fulfillment. I have clicked-around on this site and everything works normally, no broken links. It does clearly indicate the processing time expectation is 10-15 days and can be further extended during peak business times or do to order customization requests, etc, which is not ideal, but sure beats the out-of-stock/back-ordered status/no ETA message I found on most every other vendor site for this pulley. If I was hard-up for the part I would pay the hostage ransom price of $260+ for it, but I'm not. I've got a 2nd Q7 running strong/no pulley issues, and also my playcar (Focus SVT) sits impatiently with its' battery on trickle charge.

So I do things a bit different online than some others might. Firstly, I run Avast Antivirus software, which is top-rated and proactively sniffs out fake sites and prevents my being rerouted / someone trying to steal my identity or banking info, etc. It also protects everything on my laptop from malware and locks down all my sensitive docs, etc., from ransomware access. Avast is both respected in the industry and is highly rated and recommended by Consumer Reports. Secondly, I don't use a paypal account, I just paid via cc directly via paypal site, so I eliminate my risk completely, and it's easy to dispute a charge or cancel. Third, I did get a purchase receipt and also a paypal email stating that they would not disperse until the order was processed, etc., so I'm thinking you simply got redirected to a hacker/pirate site possibly as you don't run a strong antivirus with these same protective perks included perhaps?

My order tracking shows pending fulfillment status and the payment hasn't gone through as yet, so I'm thinking you might want to get on a free trial of the Avast Antivirus today, and then pick it up at the end of trial when they start offering you insane discounts off their regular retail price. I'll keep updating this purchase based on my experience, but I haven't been scammed as yet, which I attribute to my Avast Antivirus/firewall/anti-phishing/anti-malware/anti-ransomware...anti-pretty much everything.
I run Malwarebytes, and the transaction went exactly as you have said including price and time frame stated. My payment shows complete, and order status is pending. I've put a flag up with my CC (used through PP), and they are investigating the site/company. Site is clearly Chinese though, I deal enough online to know foreign English grammar when I read it. When you hover over the FB, Twit, LI and YT buttons to like/follow them, what shows?
Old 03-09-2021, 06:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Yup, it was fraud. Starting over again...

Last edited by '10Q7TDI_Prestige'; 03-18-2021 at 02:09 PM. Reason: Updated Order Status
Old 03-18-2021, 05:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by '10Q7TDI_Prestige'
Yup, it was fraud. Starting over again...
Yep...The website has been taken down now too.
Old 03-18-2021, 06:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 68 Likes on 46 Posts

Got mine from here: https://www.audiusaparts.com/oem-par...er-059105251dj
Old 03-18-2021, 07:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 68 Likes on 61 Posts

Looks like there are plenty in Europe....might be worth the shipping cost.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Belt-Pulley...0/352943383553
Old 03-31-2021, 11:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default TDI Crankshaft Pulley is Covered by the 'Dieselgate' Extended Warranty

[QUOTE=drjonez;25566384]Looks like there are plenty in Europe....might be worth the shipping cost.

After reading this thread, I've been super-frustrated trying to find a reasonable cost replacement for the heavily corroded (flaky corrosion, it looks like a biscuit, but rusty..seriously) crankshaft pulley on our '15 Q7 TDI. They simply 'don't exist' in North America unless you are willing to go to the dealer or pay similar extortion pricing on the secondary market.

I finally took a step back realizing that perhaps we were all looking at this from the wrong perspective. So, I reread the TDI warranty coverage doc again multiple times and realized that the crankshaft pulley is actually part of the "engine long block assembly", which is covered by the TDI extended warranty for those owners fortunate enough to have it.

Long story short; I called my Audi dealer and spoke direct to the Service Mgr, outlined the issue, told him it is a covered item as per the extended TDI warranty details, sent him several pictures of the extreme corrosion on my crankshaft pulley, etc. In short, I didn't merely suggest to him that they should replace it, I told him it is a covered item based on the specific details called out in the warranty coverage document. He called me back after going to his warranty administrator and reviewing the TDI warranty document, which specifically calls out the crankshaft assembly, and verified the crankshaft pulley is covered by the TDI extended warranty and they will replace it as such, gratis.

I'm scheduled for mine to replaced under the TDI warranty, and they even have the part in stock, go figure.
Old 03-31-2021, 11:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 100 Likes on 74 Posts

Awesome! I thought about that route, but my dealer was into dragging things out. I figured there would be a hassle, and just paid. Wonder if I can seek reimbursement. I’ll have to take a look 🤔😁

Quick Reply: 2013 Q7 diesel Crank Pulley Failure at 47,000 miles