Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

2014 Audi Q7

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2013, 10:50 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 Audi Q7

I have a 1999 Audi A6. It only has 95K miles on it and is in good condition. My wife has a 2000 Ford Explorer with low mileage, too.

We don't put enough miles on our cars to justify the TDI. The gas will do just fine.

It's time to replace a car. She has selected the Q7. We seem to be a bit of an oddity. She plans on keeping the Q7 for 15 years. She doesn't want a sun roof or the navigation system. None of the other options are interesting to her. This leaves us with a basic Premium, with no additional options. It's what she wants.

Apparently, there are no 2013 Premiums in the entire country. We have found one 2014 Premium with the "S" badge. But, it's in the next state. They want us to pay a transport charge. I'm not going to do that.

We aren't in a hurry. If we cant' get exactly what she wants, I think we should order it from the factory.

I guess the Premium Plus and the Prestige are more profitable. I must be the only guy in the world that thinks the basic model is a luxury vehicle.

Has anyone ever tried to order a Premium without additional options?
Old 07-07-2013, 02:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by orvil
I have a 1999 Audi A6. It only has 95K miles on it and is in good condition. My wife has a 2000 Ford Explorer with low mileage, too.

We don't put enough miles on our cars to justify the TDI. The gas will do just fine.

It's time to replace a car. She has selected the Q7. We seem to be a bit of an oddity. She plans on keeping the Q7 for 15 years. She doesn't want a sun roof or the navigation system. None of the other options are interesting to her. This leaves us with a basic Premium, with no additional options. It's what she wants.

Apparently, there are no 2013 Premiums in the entire country. We have found one 2014 Premium with the "S" badge. But, it's in the next state. They want us to pay a transport charge. I'm not going to do that.

We aren't in a hurry. If we cant' get exactly what she wants, I think we should order it from the factory.

I guess the Premium Plus and the Prestige are more profitable. I must be the only guy in the world that thinks the basic model is a luxury vehicle.

Has anyone ever tried to order a Premium without additional options?
Not surprised you are finding this. It is not uncommon for premium brands to have a "stripper" model that allows them to show a low range for MSRP; however, you will very rarely find it without ordering. I have no stats to back this up but my guess is that the Premium Plus is the most purchased version. If you don't mind waiting then you indeed should order and get exactly what you want. It still is a luxury car as you say but more importantly it is what you want and it's your money.
Old 07-08-2013, 03:41 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was in exactly the same situation. Back in 2011 I bought Q7 Premium for my wife and we did not think that the LED lights and the memory seat would worth spending 5k extra. We just did not like the LED lights, I like the more agressive look of the premium lights.

I ordered it new on November 15th 2010 and it arrived to the dealer from the factory on March 11th 2011. We had to pay for shipping almost $700.

We are happy with the car and it will probably stay with us till it reaches 60-70k miles. In 2.5 years my wife put only 17k miles on it.

Let us know what you did, after all you will be travelling inside the car, the outside features may be important if you want to sell it it soon.
Old 07-14-2013, 08:22 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I posted this in another thread. I'll save you the trouble of finding it.

I placed a factory order for a 2014 Audi Q7 Premium this week. I expect delivery mid September.

I am replacing a 2000 Ford Expedition. I am keeping my 1999 A6.

I strongly considered the TDI, but I am a low mileage user and it would take 8 years for me to break even. That's assuming nothing goes wrong with the AdBlue system. I can buy a lot of premium gasoline for the differential.

I looked at the Touareg, Lexus RX350 and the Mercedes ML350. I need to be able to haul two large dogs, luggage and a cooler. The Touareg is a bit too small. The Lexus had a soft, mushy drive. The Mercedes 2014 pricing isn't out until next month and I hated the paddle shift. I loved how the Q7 seemed to drive and handle like my venerable A6. All of the seats go down and provide a stable platform for the dogs.

I wanted to buy this model before they reduced the size. Size equals safety. I actually wanted the bigger, weightier version. I definitely didn't want a newly designed vehicle that was coming off a brand new assembly line.

I also wanted a Premium without any additional items. I didn't want the navigation system or the sunroof. They are just things that will break and be expensive to repair or maintain. I know how to park a car, I didn't want a back up camera, either. I found the lane warning systems to be distracting. There are no Premiums available anywhere. That meant a factory order.

I had the Audi Supplier program available through my employer, 6% off MSRP. I also had TrueCar pricing. I didn't do either. I used www.fightingchance.com. It was worth the $30 for the information. I successfully negotiated $500 under dealer invoice. It was not difficult. If I had worked a little harder, I could have done a little better. But, I felt it was a fair offer.

Regardless of the car you select, check out fightingchance.com. I rejected one offer of $500 off invoice and an extension of the warranty to 10 years, 10,000 miles because I didn't like the reviews of the dealership. I know that was fickle. I rewarded the more professional dealership.

Can't wait for it to arrive.