Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

2014 Night Black TDI Prestige S-Line Plus

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2013, 08:08 AM
Audiworld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2014 Night Black TDI Prestige S-Line Plus

Took delivery yesterday of my new Q7. I traded in a 2010 TDI Prestige S-Line with 39,000 miles. Photos and details of the new car below.

First of all, I was very impressed with the trade-in value of my 2010 Q7. The car holds fantastic value and is in very high demand in the used car market in my area.

I replaced it with a Night Black 2014 TDI Q7. I custom ordered the car and it only took about two months to come in; I suspect this is because of the relationship I have with the dealership and I got lucky with allocation.

The new car has the following trim lines:
Prestige, S-Line, S-Line Plus, Technology Package (includes Adaptive Cruise Control), Adaptive Suspension 21" Titanium wheels and was supposed to come with the towing package, though the dealership goofed up my order and forgot to add it. The dealer is making it right by installing it in two weeks at the dealership.

First impressions:
1) The adaptive cruise control is fantastic. I love it! I have regretted not getting it on my 2010 for years and am happy I opted for it.
2) The steering column now has a power adjustment feature - it moves in and out and up and down with a switch on the steering column. This was not in my 2010 and is welcomed.
3) Heated and Ventilated seats - I love the ventilated seats option - again, was not in my 2010.
4) Audi Connect. The rolling wifi hotspot is a welcome addition with two small children. We plan to mount two iPads on the headrest bars behind the front seats for our children - the unlimited T-Mobile data plan will let us stream Netflix on the go.
5) S-Line Plus and 21" Titanium wheels - Words can't express how sick the Q7 looks with the blacked out grill, roof rails and the dark titanium wheels. I'm taking my Thule crossbars to be powder coated matte black this week to match.
6) Night Black. This new color option is a beautiful, deep black. Amazing.
7) The 8-speed transmission (The 2010 had a six speed on the TDI) gets rid of the low end turbo lag that I hated so much on my 2010 TDI. There's no hesitation off the line and in S-mode, the car is noticeably faster and feels more nimble. This is enhanced by a nice low growl that comes out of the newly reshaped exhaust pipes that was noticeably missing in the 2010 Q7. All I could ever hear in my old TDI was the turbo whir and the slight tinning of the diesel engine. The exhaust now gives a nice subtle growl and the combination of the three is slightly intoxicating.

All in all, I'm very pleased. With all of the options, I paid about 10% more for my 2014 than I did for my 2010 when I bought it, but the 2010 held its trade-in value so well that I was able to get the 2014 with no money down at a lower interest rate and actually reduced my monthly payment - I literally walked into the dealer and traded in my old Q7 for a brand new one and it cost me nothing except a lower monthly payment. This can't be beat for long term ownership and value retention.

Ok that's enough writing - here are some photos

Front photo - S-Line Plus Blacked out Grill with matte black license plate filler panel:

Rear Drivers Side view: Blacked out roof rails and all otherwise chrome trim is in a gorgeous matte black, accented by the titanium wheels

Close up of wheels: 21" Titanium finish

Front Passenger Side View

Now, off to drive it like I stole it!
Old 11-02-2013, 11:49 PM
Jim VP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very Nice! Congrats!

Originally Posted by Edge
Took delivery yesterday of my new Q7. I traded in a 2010 TDI Prestige S-Line with 39,000 miles. Photos and details of the new car below.

First of all, I was very impressed with the trade-in value of my 2010 Q7. The car holds fantastic value and is in very high demand in the used car market in my area.

I replaced it with a Night Black 2014 TDI Q7. I custom ordered the car and it only took about two months to come in; I suspect this is because of the relationship I have with the dealership and I got lucky with allocation.

The new car has the following trim lines:
Prestige, S-Line, S-Line Plus, Technology Package (includes Adaptive Cruise Control), Adaptive Suspension 21" Titanium wheels and was supposed to come with the towing package, though the dealership goofed up my order and forgot to add it. The dealer is making it right by installing it in two weeks at the dealership.

First impressions:
1) The adaptive cruise control is fantastic. I love it! I have regretted not getting it on my 2010 for years and am happy I opted for it.
2) The steering column now has a power adjustment feature - it moves in and out and up and down with a switch on the steering column. This was not in my 2010 and is welcomed.
3) Heated and Ventilated seats - I love the ventilated seats option - again, was not in my 2010.
4) Audi Connect. The rolling wifi hotspot is a welcome addition with two small children. We plan to mount two iPads on the headrest bars behind the front seats for our children - the unlimited T-Mobile data plan will let us stream Netflix on the go.
5) S-Line Plus and 21" Titanium wheels - Words can't express how sick the Q7 looks with the blacked out grill, roof rails and the dark titanium wheels. I'm taking my Thule crossbars to be powder coated matte black this week to match.
6) Night Black. This new color option is a beautiful, deep black. Amazing.
7) The 8-speed transmission (The 2010 had a six speed on the TDI) gets rid of the low end turbo lag that I hated so much on my 2010 TDI. There's no hesitation off the line and in S-mode, the car is noticeably faster and feels more nimble. This is enhanced by a nice low growl that comes out of the newly reshaped exhaust pipes that was noticeably missing in the 2010 Q7. All I could ever hear in my old TDI was the turbo whir and the slight tinning of the diesel engine. The exhaust now gives a nice subtle growl and the combination of the three is slightly intoxicating.

All in all, I'm very pleased. With all of the options, I paid about 10% more for my 2014 than I did for my 2010 when I bought it, but the 2010 held its trade-in value so well that I was able to get the 2014 with no money down at a lower interest rate and actually reduced my monthly payment - I literally walked into the dealer and traded in my old Q7 for a brand new one and it cost me nothing except a lower monthly payment. This can't be beat for long term ownership and value retention.

Ok that's enough writing - here are some photos

Front photo - S-Line Plus Blacked out Grill with matte black license plate filler panel:

Rear Drivers Side view: Blacked out roof rails and all otherwise chrome trim is in a gorgeous matte black, accented by the titanium wheels

Close up of wheels: 21" Titanium finish

Front Passenger Side View

Now, off to drive it like I stole it!
Old 11-03-2013, 02:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Gorgeous!
Old 11-03-2013, 03:00 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Great write up and congrats. Makes me want to trade up my TDI for a 2014 especially you mentioned lower monthly payments. I am happy with no payments on my 2010 for a year now but have the new technology itch.

What did you get for your 2010 TDI? Thanks.
Old 11-04-2013, 01:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hey, I've got the exact same car in White.
Where did you get the matte license plate filler at?
Mine is a 2013, but here are a few issues I have had FYI.
The Hotspot is a joke, good luck streaming anything on it. It's 3G and if your lucky you might get 1 meg down. I have had numerous calls to Audi and T Mobile, so other than checking weather on the MMI, it won't do well with Netflix, email maybe but nothing streaming.
I get bad brake dust, going to powder coat the wheels black in anew weeks and switch to low dust pads, you cannot keep these wheels clean.
Not much else to really complain about, its a great car, I get 650 on a tank with mostly around town driving.
Let me know about the front plate, I want to switch mine out.
Thx
Old 11-04-2013, 01:52 PM
Sag
Audiworld Junior Member

Congrats - That is stunning!
Old 11-04-2013, 02:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Congratulations! It looks fantastic!
Old 11-04-2013, 03:32 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Looks amazing
Old 11-21-2013, 08:03 PM
Audiworld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bothfly
Hey, I've got the exact same car in White.
Where did you get the matte license plate filler at?Thx
Hey bothfly... the matte license plate filler came with the car. I would suggest asking your dealer to order one for you. Interesting that yours didn't come with it.
Old 11-24-2013, 04:40 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Edge
Hey bothfly... the matte license plate filler came with the car. I would suggest asking your dealer to order one for you. Interesting that yours didn't come with it.
No mine came with one, but it has extra for the front plate, which I don't like the look. It hides the grille more than yours. But here in Texas I'm pretty sure I need to have a front plate on so that maybe why ours is different.

Quick Reply: 2014 Night Black TDI Prestige S-Line Plus