Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

2016 Q7 MMI in UAE

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2018, 01:29 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 Q7 MMI in UAE

hello,
i own a 2016 Q7 in dubai and am very confused with the MMI set up. I noticed there are two types of wifi connections

1. Connecting your audi to your phones internet
2. connecting your phone to your audis wifi network.

Firstly, wanted to know what the difference is - i dont have a sim card in my phone but surprisingly, seems like the second option is the one that i can use to stream online radio etc.

Secondly, i see no option of audi connect in my MMI, neither do i see any MMI set up options to link myaudi account to or to update maps or anything. I have an account and a pin and ive read that i need to go to online destinations to enter it but i dont see that options in my maps section.

I am also confused on whether you need to be online to use google maps? i see the option to switch between the google map option or the audi map option in my settings with or without being connected to my phone or my phone being connected to my car but when i search for locations they are not google map locations because it can barely find anything (including my apartment building).

not sure why i have some limitations in terms of options, anyone have info on these things?
Old 09-18-2018, 12:40 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Audi connect in UAE

Hi, there is no Audi Connect available in the UAE. I also own Q7 2017 and it has no option of Audi Connect or receiving OTA updates for MMI and Maps. A while back I was using the MMI iOS app but it doesn't offer much functionality as it offers in other countries. This is again due to missing feature of Audi Connect or online services. This means for Maps update you need to pay to the dealer which is not worth at all. Instead if you are on Apple iPhone, update iOS to iOS 12 and in coming days you will get Waze and Google maps working on CarPlay. As a beta tester I can see Waze already working since last night on CarPlay.

For car to use as hotspot, you can insert a Sim in the glove box multimedia unit or connect to phone hotspot and then reroute the phone connection to other mobile devices through Car's hotspot. Good thing is that Car has two wifi antennas, one can be used to connect to phone hotspot and other can be used to give connection to other mobile devices. Hope you get this point :-)
Old 09-18-2018, 11:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hello
enter a sim with internet it will help
Old 09-18-2018, 07:09 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I have tried using sim card with working data package, still nothing.