Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Adaptive Air Suspension Issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 05:40 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adaptive Air Suspension Issue

anyone have any issue with the adaptive air suspension? Two days ago I had an issue with the suspension going to "slam" mode and the suspension was very bouncey .. Turn the car off and restarted it .. couple of minutes later the suspension went back to normal .. haven't had any issue since then ..

If I had checked out would the dealer notice any code relating to suspension within the system? my dash is clean of any error issues

Note my car is 4.2 built date is 10/06 with 40K miles

any idea?
Old 03-21-2010, 10:32 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by kaptom540
anyone have any issue with the adaptive air suspension? Two days ago I had an issue with the suspension going to "slam" mode and the suspension was very bouncey .. Turn the car off and restarted it .. couple of minutes later the suspension went back to normal .. haven't had any issue since then ..

If I had checked out would the dealer notice any code relating to suspension within the system? my dash is clean of any error issues

Note my car is 4.2 built date is 10/06 with 40K miles

any idea?
What is "slam" mode?

If it was not acting correctly, it should throw a code for the dealer to see,
Old 03-21-2010, 05:10 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by DUTCH VanAtlanta
What is "slam" mode?

If it was not acting correctly, it should throw a code for the dealer to see,
i called it the slam mode because the suspension went all the way down .. no wheel gap showing .. i should have taken a picture .. like i said no issues .. been changing the suspension settings daily ..
Old 03-21-2010, 06:57 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That can be one of the signs of a blocked moonroof drain. Was it after heavy rain?
Old 03-22-2010, 06:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

With a 10/06 build date, I'd bet a steak dinner that it's the dreaded water leak issue. See other posts but be on the look out for stereo volume and battery level issues as well. Time is running out on your factory warranty. I would not waste anytime getting it checked out.
Old 03-24-2010, 03:42 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Jusforfun
That can be one of the signs of a blocked moonroof drain. Was it after heavy rain?
but i have no other symptoms .. no electrical issues .. just a one time event .. i will get it checked out at my 45K audi care check up ..
Old 03-24-2010, 03:44 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by pchansen
With a 10/06 build date, I'd bet a steak dinner that it's the dreaded water leak issue. See other posts but be on the look out for stereo volume and battery level issues as well. Time is running out on your factory warranty. I would not waste anytime getting it checked out.
Thanks for the suggestion .. I got the CPO ( 2 year 100K) on the car but will have it checked out .. no other symptoms relating to electrical ..
Old 03-25-2010, 10:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

never had any issues with my suspension!
Old 05-04-2010, 08:43 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I had the exact same issue. Wife was driving '08 4.2 Premium, suspension dropped way down and became bouncy and erratic. She pulled into a parking lot, got out, and said that there was no gap between top of tire and the wheel well trim. After she shut the rig off and closed the door it reset itself to normal ride height.

I took it to the dealer, they found a TSB for ths issue, flashed new firmware on some computer and the issue has never shown itself again.
Old 05-04-2010, 05:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Dingfod
I had the exact same issue. Wife was driving '08 4.2 Premium, suspension dropped way down and became bouncy and erratic. She pulled into a parking lot, got out, and said that there was no gap between top of tire and the wheel well trim. After she shut the rig off and closed the door it reset itself to normal ride height.

I took it to the dealer, they found a TSB for ths issue, flashed new firmware on some computer and the issue has never shown itself again.
wow .. you have great timing .. my wife had the issue again and this time she took pictures .. i guess i will give the dealer a call and get this problem fixed ..

Some pictures .. here is the low rider look!

Quick Reply: Adaptive Air Suspension Issue