Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Adaptive Air Suspension Ride vs Standard Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 08:18 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the adaptive air ride suspension, i have not yet driven a Q7 that doesnt have it. So I cannto compare but what i can say is the handling is better than any vehicle i have owned. I can take turns liek a sports car, wife doesnt like that! lol. The loading feature is great. I soemtimes play with it at stop signs and red lights just to see peoples reactions... im nerdy and i know it.

What si teh differnce between Dynamic and Automatic? I cant seem to figure that out. seems like they do the same thing. I stop a red light and after 1 minute they both adjust. enlighten me ObiWonQ7.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by f1point0
I'm also concerned about long term reliability since I purchase cars to own long term. The A6 All Road Avants were notoriously problematic and unreliable due to air suspension issues/failures.
The Allroad air suspension was notoriously unreliable. I think I may have seen one person with an air suspension issue on a Q7 in my 3+ years frequenting this board. I think it's safe to say Audi learned from that mistake and did not repeat it.

Jimbo
Old 03-12-2012, 02:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Love it!
Old 03-12-2012, 06:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Sherblatz
The Allroad air suspension was notoriously unreliable. I think I may have seen one person with an air suspension issue on a Q7 in my 3+ years frequenting this board. I think it's safe to say Audi learned from that mistake and did not repeat it.
According to my dealer, air suspension problems increase exponentially with time and severe cold. I suspect Audi has learned a thing or 2.. regardless, IMO extended warranties are your friend if you plan on keeping your Audi with air suspension for a long time.
Old 04-07-2012, 07:03 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Check out this demo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnumodRxtyg
Old 05-25-2012, 01:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by f1point0
I'm also concerned about long term reliability since I purchase cars to own long term. The A6 All Road Avants were notoriously problematic and unreliable due to air suspension issues/failures.
On the other hand, the allroad air suspension had rock-solid reliability. I drove a TDI allroad for way over 500,000km and replaced one air strut in the seven years we had the car.

We then moved up to a Q7 with air suspension - we have a 2006 and a 2008 both with air suspension and we've done repectable kilometers on both (about 250,000 km on the 2006 and about 120,000 km on the 2008) and thus far have had zero problems with the suspension and in fact only minor problems in general with both cars. Air suspension is hugely useful for us as we have a farm and Offroad setting and Lift come in handy for clambering over tractor ruts and rocks.

In short: I personally would not hesitate to get air suspension
Old 06-03-2012, 01:46 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Sherblatz
After owning a Q7 without, our next one will have it. Will be a deal-breaker for me. Not only does it ride better, but it looks better, has nice features like the loading, plus you can do some nice tricks with VAG-COM.

I would keep hunting if you think you might want it.

Jimbo
Hi Jimbo,

Just curious what are the tricks with VAGCOM? Didn't know you can do anything to the air suspension with Vagcom.
Old 06-27-2012, 06:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

I had the Allroad initially and it did have issues but my Q7 Air Suspension is greta and the only way to go!
Old 06-29-2012, 10:37 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

can you after the air suspension after you purchase the Q7??
Old 07-03-2012, 07:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Black_Phantom
Hi Jimbo,

Just curious what are the tricks with VAGCOM? Didn't know you can do anything to the air suspension with Vagcom.
I know you can keep it in dynamic mode at any speed using VAG-COM for one.

Jimbo

Quick Reply: Adaptive Air Suspension Ride vs Standard Suspension