Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Audi Music Stream on Audi Connect

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 08:56 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 164 Likes on 93 Posts
Default Audi Music Stream on Audi Connect

I am awaiting my Q7 Prestige S-line graphite/black +ACC +Air Susp +Hitch. Delivery expected in mid April.

I have been following the announced Audi Connect add on music stream. Details have been thin, from what I can find. However, I found this tonight and thought others would also be interested.

The Audi Music Stream App is now available on the German iTunes store. If anyone wants to give it a try, let us know how it works (if you can download it from the German site). My iTunes is now stuck on the German store, so if anyone knows how to switch it back to USA, let me know.

Here is the English Google translation of the information on the German iTunes site:

Audi music streaming

AUDI AG

More from this developer

Open iTunes to buy apps and load.

Description

The individual music stations anywhere - regardless of location, whether on vacation or at home:
Connect with the devices available for IOS application Audi music stream from Audi.
Simply import your own iOS device via wireless link with the MMI ® Navigation plus and access a comprehensive range of radio stations worldwide.
The transmitter can be selected by genre or by free text search, and can be - as the favorites in the IOS device memory - recover quickly.
Easy operation through integration into the Audi MMI Navigation plus.
And if the personal taste exceptionally nothing on the radio:
Simply use the MMI wirelessly to the locally stored music in IOS device to access, select and play the desired hit.

The following requirements are met for full integration into the Audi MMI:
- Your IOS device (iOS 5), the Audi music streaming app supports, is a for use with the MMI shared mobile device (see Audi database for mobile terminals http://www.audi.com/bluetooth).
- Your vehicle is equipped with MMI navigation plus ® and Bluetooth car phone line (from 11/2011).
- A SIM is inserted in the data rate Bluetooth car phone or use another phone with SAP (SIM access profile)
- A stable data connection of the vehicle to the Internet (3G) is (a data plan is strongly recommended)
- To build a more stable web radio transmission data to be buffered by selecting a radio station a few seconds.
- Before using the IOS library through the Audi music streaming app that must be treated uniquely.