Old 01-04-2021, 07:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 568 Likes on 450 Posts

Start at the front left LEVEL sensor, it looks like this:

and go read this Thread: https://forums.ross-tech.com/index.p...58/post-157824
Old 01-04-2021, 07:45 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the lighnting response. Much appreciated. Will do exactly that and thanks for the other post. I will keep u updated thanks.
Old 01-04-2021, 07:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I'd start by simply unplugging the sensor and clearing out the codes, if its causing the 00145 & 01772 faults elsewhere in the system those will likely not come back.. at least not until you plug the sensor back in.. if those other faults return with it unplugged then inspect its wiring harness very closely and pull out a multimeter to do some basic tests for shorts to ground, voltage output, etc.

If only thing throwing faults is that sensor when unplugged then id say replace the sensor.. you'll need to use that OBDEleven to run through an air suspension height calibration when you're done I suspect.

Last edited by dreadlocks; 01-04-2021 at 07:56 AM.
Old 01-26-2021, 12:11 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Hi dreadlocks,
So I checked the front level sensor that waa faulty. Replaced and deleted codes however the rear dampening valve code was still there so I bought a second hand suspension shocker the full leg thing replaced it. All lights on dash now clear. However, now i have an air leak and its the suspension leg I replaced. Im such an amateur should have tested it first but i didn't. Anyways how do u fix the air leak. I suspect if i could get an o ring for it should fix it. Are there any cheap fixes thanks
Old 01-26-2021, 12:58 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Ive seen rebuild kits with new bags but no idea really.. suspension is not my area of expertise and I usually just replace stuff outright with new OEM or better quality or pay someone else to deal with it.. so in your shoes I'd be buying a whole new strut.
Old 01-26-2021, 01:21 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by dreadlocks
Ive seen rebuild kits with new bags but no idea really.. suspension is not my area of expertise and I usually just replace stuff outright with new OEM or better quality or pay someone else to deal with it.. so in your shoes I'd be buying a whole new strut.
No worries. I tried a cheaper fix by buying second hand but looks like will have to buy brand new strut. Was worth a go though. Thanks for all your help. Also one more thing i want to code my side mirrors to close automatically when i lock door. At the moment i have to twist the switch from inside but want that feature with the key. Any idea? Thanks
Old 01-26-2021, 01:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by anil123456
Also one more thing i want to code my side mirrors to close automatically when i lock door. At the moment i have to twist the switch from inside but want that feature with the key. Any idea? Thanks
Its not possible on this platform, unfortunately..
Old 02-07-2021, 01:43 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Hi dreadlocks
Just wanted to update you, air suspension fixed. I used the second hand suspension leg i had, refurbished it using new seals etc and im pleased to say it is now working. The only thing was i couldn't recalibrate the height kept saying function not met conditions. But other than that its working
thanks for your help
Old 08-25-2023, 08:34 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by anil123456
Hi dreadlocks
Just wanted to update you, air suspension fixed. I used the second hand suspension leg i had, refurbished it using new seals etc and im pleased to say it is now working. The only thing was i couldn't recalibrate the height kept saying function not met conditions. But other than that its working
thanks for your help
Hi, i might have a similar problem. Where did you buy the refurbishment kit from? can you pls. share the link
Old 08-25-2023, 02:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 774 Likes on 641 Posts

Originally Posted by 08Q730TDI
Hi, i might have a similar problem. Where did you buy the refurbishment kit from? can you pls. share the link
Please be sure to view the original date of the thread creation along with the last activity; this is an inactive/archival thread.
You can buy replacement o-ring 'repair' kits for the air suspension units, and a replacement external check-valve (each corner has one) if need be also; those are normally the two items that produce leaks at the corner units on the older cars. Realistically though, you want to watch some videos online and get familiar with the soapy water spray bottle testing method to determine what exactly is leaking before jumping in with both feet. The internet search is your best friend, especially for locating videos and myriad archival threads on topic located within (many) online owner forums such as this.

In example, while troubleshooting my '15 air susp, I found a video of a guy in the UK troubleshooting Q7 w/air susp he bought cheap at auction to rehab and sell, etc. IIRC, he ended up needing to replace the old, worn compressor, and then he found the car just had a slow drop in height on rear air circuit overnight; he spray tested thoroughly to identify the leak source. It actually turned out to be corrosion in the top of rear air unit's sealing o-rings causing the leak. He was able to R&R those o-rings on both rear air units, and that solved the air leak issue for his car. He initially believed he was going to need the check-valves, but the spray bottle testing proved otherwise.

Anyway, the takeaway is you won't know what's leaking on your car until you first know what commonly leaks due to age/wear/moisture contamination, and then do the 'jacking mode' along with the requisite 'soap spray bottle' testing to localize the air leaks specific to your car.

Good Luck!

Quick Reply: Audi Q7 air suspension valve