Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Audi Q7 air suspension valve

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2023, 04:16 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by '10Q7TDI_Prestige'
Please be sure to view the original date of the thread creation along with the last activity; this is an inactive/archival thread.
You can buy replacement o-ring 'repair' kits for the air suspension units, and a replacement external check-valve (each corner has one) if need be also; those are normally the two items that produce leaks at the corner units on the older cars. Realistically though, you want to watch some videos online and get familiar with the soapy water spray bottle testing method to determine what exactly is leaking before jumping in with both feet. The internet search is your best friend, especially for locating videos and myriad archival threads on topic located within (many) online owner forums such as this.

In example, while troubleshooting my '15 air susp, I found a video of a guy in the UK troubleshooting Q7 w/air susp he bought cheap at auction to rehab and sell, etc. IIRC, he ended up needing to replace the old, worn compressor, and then he found the car just had a slow drop in height on rear air circuit overnight; he spray tested thoroughly to identify the leak source. It actually turned out to be corrosion in the top of rear air unit's sealing o-rings causing the leak. He was able to R&R those o-rings on both rear air units, and that solved the air leak issue for his car. He initially believed he was going to need the check-valves, but the spray bottle testing proved otherwise.

Anyway, the takeaway is you won't know what's leaking on your car until you first know what commonly leaks due to age/wear/moisture contamination, and then do the 'jacking mode' along with the requisite 'soap spray bottle' testing to localize the air leaks specific to your car.

Good Luck!
Hi, thanks for the reply. I have watched that and a few other videos on the issue. I can find the o rings online but I am not sure which o-ring repair kit is better/actually works or who are the OE suppliers for the the air struts/springs? I am planning to do the actual leak test in the next few days.
Old 09-06-2023, 07:21 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 08Q730TDI
Hi, thanks for the reply. I have watched that and a few other videos on the issue. I can find the o rings online but I am not sure which o-ring repair kit is better/actually works or who are the OE suppliers for the the air struts/springs? I am planning to do the actual leak test in the next few days.
Any recommendations for good repair kit ?