Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Audi Q7 - Phone Not Installed

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2013, 11:31 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi Q7 - Phone Not Installed

Hello All,
I have recently purchased a used 2008 Q7 4.2 Premium. When I hit the phone button I get a message Phone not installed. I have a Motorola Droid which I am trying to pair with the vehicle.

I have tried to search for the Q7 (Vehicle) using the Bluetooth Search option on the phone, but it is unable to find the vehicle. Also made sure that the phone is visible to all Bluetooth devices. But no luck.

Anyone suggestion on how to fix this problem is welcome.

Thanks guys ! Appreciate your help !
Old 10-24-2013, 01:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Possible that you do not have Bluetooth, the button is there in all Q7's like the navigation button. If you have 2 cup holders in the middle of the armrest, no bluetooth. 2 on the right side with one being covered by a little armrest, you have bluetooth.

Hope it helps
Old 10-24-2013, 01:08 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Have you tried hooking up a vag com to see if the module is there?
Old 10-26-2013, 07:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by steven_me
Hello All,
I have recently purchased a used 2008 Q7 4.2 Premium. When I hit the phone button I get a message Phone not installed. I have a Motorola Droid which I am trying to pair with the vehicle.

I have tried to search for the Q7 (Vehicle) using the Bluetooth Search option on the phone, but it is unable to find the vehicle. Also made sure that the phone is visible to all Bluetooth devices. But no luck.

Anyone suggestion on how to fix this problem is welcome.

Thanks guys ! Appreciate your help !
As another point of reference, we just got an '08 3.6 Premium that is optioned out pretty close (Tech+Conv) to a 4.2 and have had Android OS Bluethooth issues as well. We are on T-Mobile and have ~year old Galaxy S slider phones that will connect to the Bluetooth, make MMI dialed calls, manually enter contacts, but won't import our contacts/address book from our phones.

I can't imagine that an '08 4.2 wouldn't have Bluetooth. This Audi USA site is where I found some information, but I haven't jumped through all the hoops yet to try to get things to work correctly:

http://audi-intelligence.com/bluetooth/prod/
Old 10-28-2013, 01:17 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by B490MTL
Possible that you do not have Bluetooth, the button is there in all Q7's like the navigation button. If you have 2 cup holders in the middle of the armrest, no bluetooth. 2 on the right side with one being covered by a little armrest, you have bluetooth.

Hope it helps

Thanks for your reply. I do have the 2 cup holders on the right (one covered by a armrest), so based on your message earlier I am assuming I have Bluetooth. I have not connected vag com as yet. How would I be able to check if the hw is available by connecting vag com ?

Thanks buddy !
Old 10-28-2013, 01:19 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by VAG-Fan1
As another point of reference, we just got an '08 3.6 Premium that is optioned out pretty close (Tech+Conv) to a 4.2 and have had Android OS Bluethooth issues as well. We are on T-Mobile and have ~year old Galaxy S slider phones that will connect to the Bluetooth, make MMI dialed calls, manually enter contacts, but won't import our contacts/address book from our phones.

I can't imagine that an '08 4.2 wouldn't have Bluetooth. This Audi USA site is where I found some information, but I haven't jumped through all the hoops yet to try to get things to work correctly:

http://audi-intelligence.com/bluetooth/prod/
Just tried this buddy. No luck still the same message on the q7 and my cell phone can't find the Audi while searching for devices.
Old 10-28-2013, 02:04 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Maybe delete all phone entries that might be existant... Go on one of the phone buttons and go to setup.
Old 12-23-2013, 08:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Try pairing with different phone or device? If the Q7 had bluetooth, the bluetooth module could be dead?