Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Audi Roadside Assistance

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 07:34 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Audi Roadside Assistance

In a couple of words - "totally useless".

Blew a tire on an interstate +1,000 miles from home. Asked for an Audi dealer in Omaha, NE. They couldn't find one for me. When I asked if I could get help resetting the idiot light, I was told that they did not provide any service assistance. They could only call me a tow truck.

I ended up taking care of things myself. Arrggghhhh!!!

There's even more to their lack of any use; but it's not worth the time to tell it.

What a waste of time and resources!

Last edited by DUTCH VanAtlanta; 08-16-2010 at 04:05 AM.
Old 08-16-2010, 06:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DUTCH VanAtlanta
In a couple of words - "totally useless".

Blew a tire on an interstate +1,000 miles from home. Asked for an Audi dealer in Omaha, NE. They couldn't find one for me. When I asked if I could get help resetting the idiot light, I was told that they did not provide any service assistance. They could only call me a tow truck.

I ended up taking care of things myself. Arrggghhhh!!!

There's even more to their lack of any use; but it's not worth the time to tell it.

What a waste of time and resources!
I've always wondered if there was anything there - thanks for the story Dutch. Guess it's sorta redundant since I have AAA.
Old 08-16-2010, 06:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kristatos
I've always wondered if there was anything there - thanks for the story Dutch. Guess it's sorta redundant since I have AAA.
I had the exact same experience this past weekend too. Useless. If you had a technical question - forget it. Answer was we can tow to dealer.
Old 08-16-2010, 08:09 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Tric;
I had the exact same experience this past weekend too. Useless. If you had a technical question - forget it. Answer was we can tow to dealer.
Allfine and dandy, but they couldn't even locate a dealer in Omaha, NE for god's sake. Then when I asked them for the phone number of a dealer near my home, they gave me a number that is no longer in service.

Methinks Audi needs to rethink this whole deal - or, perhaps, find out how Mercedes-Benz does it!
Old 08-17-2010, 03:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Audi sure touts it like it is Incredible...

Sorry to hear about the bad experience. And thanks for sharing real world experience. Maybe then can just abbreviate it to Roadside ***.
Old 08-17-2010, 06:31 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

had no issues when I had a problem with my S4 a few months ago. It was a rainy saturday night and I broke down @ 8pm. they said due to weather conditions (lots of flooding) it would be upwards of 3 hours but they would place a rush on it. Truck arrived within an hour. Guy was great and car was fix the following monday. Total cost. $50. Not bad
Old 08-17-2010, 10:36 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Long conversation with AudiCare today. Big changes in Roadside *** are supposedly coming Oct 2. She admitted that the current system lacks and is only capable of calling a tow truck.

We'll see.
Old 08-18-2010, 10:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go to your onboard nav, put in destination as Omaha, NE, then go to your POI's and tell it to find Audi dealer at destination, pops right up. Now as Far as roadside assistance they should be better than that.
Old 08-18-2010, 01:21 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I've also had good experiences so far. Being that my car was running out of gas (but the gauge was not telling me so) I've used them a lot this year. Each time was decent, but it was always pretty easy to solve in my case, bring gas or tow to the dealership (which was always close by when stalling).

One thing for sure, it's some sort of consolidated calling service, they don't know anything about Audi's. They were always getting my car's name wrong. They even told the tow-truck guy once it was an "A7"... he was not from the US originally, but he even know there was no such thing when he arrived, we had a laugh about it.

Let's hope it improves like you've been told.