Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Audicare - A good deal?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 09:04 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audicare - A good deal?

I still have 8 weeks until by Q7 3.6 arrives so I have time to make this decision. I'll be driving the car around 15K miles a year. Is $740 a good deal for the basic maintenance work that will be done over the first 3 to 4 years?
Old 01-11-2010, 09:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by chicagorick
I still have 8 weeks until by Q7 3.6 arrives so I have time to make this decision. I'll be driving the car around 15K miles a year. Is $740 a good deal for the basic maintenance work that will be done over the first 3 to 4 years?
Do you plan on keeping the car for those 3-4 years? If so, you are right around the breakeven point. Ask the dealer to give you the pricing and maintenance schedule, and you should be able to determine where the break even point is.

also, i think you have the ability to still select AudiCare for a certain time after the purchase....
Old 01-11-2010, 10:05 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by IAS5
Do you plan on keeping the car for those 3-4 years? If so, you are right around the breakeven point. Ask the dealer to give you the pricing and maintenance schedule, and you should be able to determine where the break even point is.

also, i think you have the ability to still select AudiCare for a certain time after the purchase....
We hope to keep the car for at least 7 or 8 years, although who knows how tempting the new Q7s will be before then. But I'm sure I'll have to resist the urge.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Same boat. Dealer says I have like a year before AudiCare's no longer a choice, or maybe certain mileage. Wasn't paying attention, but got the idea that I have plenty of time to decide.

Still debating on the $740 as well. Anybody else care to chime in? Haven't check on how much Ad-Blue fill ups cost. Read on Consumer report that the MB GL BlueTec 320 cost somewhere north of $30 a gallon, and it needed like 7 or 9 gallons on the last visit (16k miles).

Just did my first 5k checkup, and dealer filled AdBlue, forgot to ask how much it was to top off. I'm leaning toward buying it, also read somewhere that if you lease and have AudiCare, your residual increase by 1% or something like that.

-ThinkMac-
Old 01-12-2010, 03:01 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I got the AudiCare with my 2007 (it was $500) then. Hard to judge definitively if it's paid for itself (I think so), but it sure feels good to walk out of the dealership with a $0 bill from the service department.
Old 01-13-2010, 05:27 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I was told that you can get AudiCare anytime you own the car as it's a service plan and not a warranty.

What AudiCare really buys you is a fixed price for service over several years and Audi gets money upfront for future services.

Last edited by digitalwok; 01-13-2010 at 05:30 AM.
Old 01-13-2010, 08:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

My dealer threw it in so I got if for free and I have loved not paying for anything when I go to the dealership! Maybe they will do the same for you if you ask?

Tyler
Old 01-17-2010, 10:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not really sure what to say, Audi oil changes I believe are every 15k miles. Not sure what else it covers. $740 is a lot of money for 15k oil changes. It does not cover wear items like brakes/rotors etc. I have not located my maintenace guide but I dont think it covers much if anything besides oil changes? Any input here appreciated. I think Audi recommends a brake fluid change every 2 years but I doubt that is covered either. Really need to find my maintenace guide to see and reread Audi Care.
Old 01-17-2010, 01:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Local dealer here in San Jose quoted me $450 for the 35K service which is literally oil change and cabin filter. Ended up going to an independent Euro service shop and getting the same thing for ~$100.

Bottom line? If you are planning on going to the dealer, a service plan will likely save you $$$. If you don't mind spending a few minutes on Yelp to find a local shop specializing in Audi, you will save over the service plan.

Jimbo
Old 01-20-2010, 01:50 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I own an Audi Q7 and have it dealer serviced under the plan. Well worth the money. Does not cover wear, so you will still be out a few bucks over the next 3-4 years

Quick Reply: Audicare - A good deal?