Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

B&O audio system worth the $6K?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 07:18 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Default B&O audio system worth the $6K?

Looking at pricing out a Q7 TDI and noticed the $6K B&O system option. Is it really worth it? Seems rather pricey for a "factory" audio system. Especially since audi's bose systems always stunk in my books so home much better could this really be?
Old 09-15-2009, 07:24 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2nd who wants to know

thinking about getting it as a surprise for my wife. I asked before.....some say it is great in the A8. I think all agree that it is massively overpriced.
Old 09-16-2009, 06:28 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

IMO, no, it's massively overpriced. Of course, I never listened to it - but you could build one hell of a good home audio setup with that kind of cash, and no way can any car match it. For me the cost vs reward ratio just didn't stack up.
Old 09-16-2009, 06:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i agree. spend the money at home where you can sit, listen and enjoy. car stereo is noise while you drive. price is nuts.

peter
Old 09-16-2009, 08:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default I have it on my Q7...

IMO it offers better sound quality than the "same" B&O system in the A8. Is it worth $6300K over the BOSE Surround Sound (std on Premium Plus & Prestige)? Probably not. But the sound is smoother, more effortless, and those darn pop-up tweeters and aluminum speaker grilles are oh-so trick. We'll see how it does when it comes time to sell the car...But for now, I love it. And while I agree that $6K could buy you an ok home setup, I spend more time sitting in my car than sitting at home.
Old 09-16-2009, 08:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default EDIT = $6300, not $6300K(!)

Old 09-16-2009, 09:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by arawilbur
IMO, no, it's massively overpriced. Of course, I never listened to it - but you could build one hell of a good home audio setup with that kind of cash, and no way can any car match it. For me the cost vs reward ratio just didn't stack up.
I agree about being to spend that chunk of cash for a home audio system which will far surpass a B&O car audio system.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:05 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I agree with Scherzkeks. I have it as well and enjoy it. It is overpriced but if you're not satified with the Bose system, it's won't be easy to upgrade and still interface with MMI. I wasn't too impressed with it at first but saw a post about using Vag-Com to run a system test on the B&O. I tried it and it seemed to make a very noticeable difference. All it does is send test signals to each channel but it either turned up the gain on the amplifier or woke up the center channel. I'm much happier with it now.
Old 09-16-2009, 11:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

I have it too and loves it but it is over priced...

Last edited by ezgo; 01-07-2013 at 10:28 PM.
Old 09-16-2009, 01:35 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by achun
I agree with Scherzkeks. I have it as well and enjoy it. It is overpriced but if you're not satified with the Bose system, it's won't be easy to upgrade and still interface with MMI. I wasn't too impressed with it at first but saw a post about using Vag-Com to run a system test on the B&O. I tried it and it seemed to make a very noticeable difference. All it does is send test signals to each channel but it either turned up the gain on the amplifier or woke up the center channel. I'm much happier with it now.
That is strange that a $6k+ system would need a Vag-Com system test to get it to sound good

Quick Reply: B&O audio system worth the $6K?