Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Best dealership for service in central/northern NJ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 12:00 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best dealership for service in central/northern NJ?

I have to get a few minor warranty items taken care of on my '07 and wanted to know if anyone has a recommendation for a solid service dept at a dealership.
I'm looking for somewhere with excellent, knowledgeable techs and service managers who will go to bat for you. I'd also like to get a loaner (even though I didn't buy the car there), but that's not a deal breaker.
Fire away with your experiences. I also don't want to go somewhere that is constantly running the upsell game (nitrogen tires, etc.)

Thanks guys.
Old 01-26-2010, 12:26 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I recommend Jack Daniels Audi in Ramsey, NJ on route 17 south. Very professional dealership as a whole. I was very impressed.
Old 01-26-2010, 01:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They have a service center in FairLawn also off 208. I recently went to Bell in Edison to buy two small trim pieces that were broken. The initially gave me a price double what it should be. When I questioned it, they said there was an issue with the computer and adjusted the price. This happen twice with two different parts guys. Makes me wonder how many ppl got screwed that didn't have access to part prices before hand.

This is obviously the parts dept but now it makes me wary of the service dept and their pricing
Old 01-26-2010, 01:30 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by tgdA4
I recommend Jack Daniels Audi in Ramsey, NJ on route 17 south. Very professional dealership as a whole. I was very impressed.
Had a bad experience with Jack Daniels service. I took my 911 Turbo in for new tires mount and balance. They put acid on my OEM wheels to clean off the brake dust and melted the paint off. They said it was due to the wheel being refinished and refused to pay to fix. All they offered me was a free rental car while I paid to fix it (at their cost).
Old 01-26-2010, 01:54 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Santorin Drm pig pal
Had a bad experience with Jack Daniels service. I took my 911 Turbo in for new tires mount and balance. They put acid on my OEM wheels to clean off the brake dust and melted the paint off. They said it was due to the wheel being refinished and refused to pay to fix. All they offered me was a free rental car while I paid to fix it (at their cost).
Wow, sounds downright incompetent. It seems like you can either find a dealer that has a great sales team or a great service department, but never both.
Old 01-26-2010, 03:51 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Audi of Bernardsville, ask to have Ryan work on the car. He works on my Q7, Porsches and my Harley. I have never seen such a meticulous mechanic. He is the best.
Old 02-02-2010, 04:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Benzel Busch took over Riverside Audi. Their Mercedes service is pretty good so hopefully they do the same with Audi.