Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015
Old 07-25-2016, 09:14 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Audi Q5 or Q7 Brake Guides
Print Wikipost

Brake Pads: Centric Posi-Quiet vs Hawk LTS or ceramic

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 10:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Brake Pads: Centric Posi-Quiet vs Hawk LTS or ceramic

Hi all - getting ready to put new pads on and even though I've used the Hawk LTS pads in the past, I've seen some recs on the Posi-Quiets and was wondering if anyone had any experience with both brands and could compare the Posi-Quiets to either the LTS or ceramics. Thanks in advance.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't speak to either the posi or LTS, but I've been very, very happy with Hawk ceramics. 99% of OEM grip, no squeeling, and almost zero brake dust. We can go months and the wheels still look good vs. 1 week on stock pads.

I haven't had them long enough to say, but the ceramics are supposed to last about 2X the stock pads.

Jimbo

Last edited by Sherblatz; 03-10-2012 at 05:59 AM.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Had the dealer install Hawk ceramics on my 333hp TFSI when new. 18K miles later, same good results as Sherblatz.

-ark
Old 03-09-2012, 09:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by arkbbq
Had the dealer install Hawk ceramics on my 333hp TFSI when new. 18K miles later, same good results as Sherblatz.

-ark
+3. Love mine!
Old 03-09-2012, 11:08 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I felt that the Hawk Ceramics did not bite as well as OEM. They did not have any brake dust but it's not worth it losing the stopping power. When it's time for brake change, I will give the LTS a try, which should be in the middle of the two.
Old 03-10-2012, 06:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by phidailo
I felt that the Hawk Ceramics did not bite as well as OEM. They did not have any brake dust but it's not worth it losing the stopping power. When it's time for brake change, I will give the LTS a try, which should be in the middle of the two.
The ceramics do have a different feel when completely cold and only using light pressure, but they were impressive the few times I've had to stop somewhat fast. They definitely have the bite when you need it.

Jimbo
Old 03-10-2012, 11:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I must agree with ceramics, not as sensitive but stop just as well, no dust , no noise. had them on for six months now and love them.
Old 03-10-2012, 02:18 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Another option is the Axis Ultimate. The initial bite is just as good as OEM if not better and are smoother. They are not dust free but at least half of stock. I've used them on many cars and have had them on the Q7 for about 1000 miles now. When braking hard, the car does not nose dive as much.
Old 03-12-2012, 04:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by achun
When braking hard, the car does not nose dive as much.
That would indicate less stopping power on your front brakes unless you also did something to your suspension. SInce I doubt either has occurred, my bet would be on change in driving style.

Jimbo
Old 03-12-2012, 07:45 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Sherblatz
That would indicate less stopping power on your front brakes unless you also did something to your suspension. SInce I doubt either has occurred, my bet would be on change in driving style.

Jimbo

The only change in driving style would be that I drive more aggressively if anything because I have more confidence in the brakes now. I can't compare the Axxis Ultimate to either of the Hawks but I have used these Axxis pads on 5 different cars all with similar results.

Quick Reply: Brake Pads: Centric Posi-Quiet vs Hawk LTS or ceramic