Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Britax Regent - Any issues with fitting this booster in 2nd row?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 04:33 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default You can either tilt the seat back to allow the Marathon to fit, or remove the headrest.

You're right though. It doesn't really fit in there properly. Very stupid design flaw on Audi's part.
Old 09-20-2007, 08:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: It fits - barely

I have not had any problems installing the Britax Marathon. Here are the steps I follow:

1. Recline the seatback (I think I've reclined it about 2 notches from upright).
2. Put 2 towels on seat cushion. The first covers the entire bottom cushion. The second is folded a couple of times to provide support for the child seat where the bottom cushion meets the seatback.
3. Place the Marathon forward facing on top of the towels (I have never installed it rear facing in this vehicle, so I don't know if it fits properly in that configuration).
4. Loosely secure the two primary LATCH straps and throw the third strap over the back of the headrest.
5. Climb into the car facing backwards with your knee jammed into the Marathon seat cushion and all of your weight on this knee.
6. Pull as hard as you can on both LATCH straps to remove all slack.
7. Fasten the third strap to the backside of the seat and pull as tight as possible.

I remove and reinstall this child seat about once per week, and it seems to work fine.

Photos of Britax Marathon:

-Burke
2007 4.2 Premium 7 seater

Last edited by Burke; 03-02-2014 at 06:40 PM. Reason: broken links
Old 09-28-2007, 05:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FOLLOW UP - Bought the Regent and Returned it

Man that thing is huge. Now wonder why it's called the Regent as you could fit a king in that beast.

We decided to go with the smaller Britax Decathlon as we wanted to be able to haul one of the cousins in the middle of the second row between our two car seats and the Regent just took up too much space. The Decathlon fits great and is a nice option for those looking at purchasing a seat.

In my A6 I have a Recaro Young Sport and that's a great seat too, but my son isn't a huge fan as the side impact protection obscures his view when trying to look from side to side. The Britax models do a bit of a better job with visibility therefore increasing the child's comfort and the parents state of mind on long trips.