Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Car & Driver Ranks Q7, X5, MDX, LR4, Lexus

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 09:54 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol :-)

Dear Austinite, I'm Audi guy now, not a MDX guy anymore as I've ordered my Q7...

Originally Posted by PARealtor
where that acura mdx guy now?
Old 01-26-2011, 06:24 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by IAS5
i wouldn't gloat. like i said in my other response, a 2 point win over the acura doesn't mean much...
Sure 2 pts doesnt mean much. but Ive ridden in the mdx many times and the interior feels so cheap compared to the Q7. Since you spend most of your time inside the vehicle that alone is worth a few extra points.

Although I have a friend who just bought an mdx after his cayenne turbo S was totaled by a run away truck. That I will never figure out
Old 01-26-2011, 08:00 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by lexi
Congrats on your order I am glad I will no longer be the only bold Q7 Audi owner with the 2011 Mugello Blue
Lexi... if you get a chance, post some pics. I want to see what it really looks like in that color please. Are you happy with yours?
Old 01-26-2011, 08:33 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Love it. I am waiting on better weather ( I am in Kansas)to take more pics . I will try and take some this weekend.
Originally Posted by mlebron
Lexi... if you get a chance, post some pics. I want to see what it really looks like in that color please. Are you happy with yours?
Old 01-26-2011, 08:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Mlebron --- Some photos of Mugello Blue

mlebron This is my OLD post. https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...ht=lexi&page=2
Old 01-26-2011, 03:24 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by lexi
I think it looks good in Mugello Blue... Don't see many Q7's on the road and see even less in this color. I think I will be very pleased when I finally take delivery in April. I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas to come around. :-)
Old 01-26-2011, 05:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Are there any 4.2 to 3.0T (333hp) converts that can make some comparison??
Old 01-26-2011, 10:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Conundrum
Just read the article online, nothing shattering but another nice 'win' for Audi.

You can read the article here http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...mparison_tests
Saweet, thanks for the link!
Old 01-29-2011, 09:53 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Weirdly written article. The engineering and technology that makes these rigs possible is just amazing. SUVs have come a long long way and these, IMO represent the cream of the crop. I would be beside myself to write-up this comparo, but the writer seemed very bored with the whole thing. Not much excitement behind the writing. I think maybe these were car guys asked to rate trucks, and they just couldn't get into it.

I would like to have seen some off road testing too.

Although, I was glad to see this comparo, and really wanted the MDX in the mix, I think its really the only comparison in the group. The LR is a whole different beast, the BMW isn't really a 7 seater, the Lexus deserves to be in this group, but ... Yawn. The Q deserved the win (given the parameters) but I'd like to have the off-road prowess of the LR and the Bimmer, IMO is just incredible medal work, it's the best looking to me and I'd like the reliability of the MDX (please don't flame me, just my opinion based on the info i have read.) but none of these cars have the same soul of the Q, which is why I deeply love mine. It's nice to see the brand that I've loved for so long (since the 80s really) finally hitting a good stride and kicking-a$$.

Last edited by arU4ic; 01-29-2011 at 09:56 PM.
Old 01-30-2011, 05:58 AM
Ultimate Keyboard Warrior

Received 285 Likes on 205 Posts

Just curious. The C&D article says the S-Line they tested has Goodyear Eagle LS2 tires. My S-Line has Pirelli Scorpions. I wonder why the difference, and how the two compare.

Quick Reply: Car & Driver Ranks Q7, X5, MDX, LR4, Lexus