Still waiting on those pics mate
Old 05-21-2014, 06:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by papadaddy
Still waiting on those pics mate
LOL ) still waiting for my parts.
Did I share my Q5 pics already?

I promise as soon as I get the parts for my Q7 I'll take pics and post.
Old 06-28-2014, 04:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Poncherelly

LOL ) still waiting for my parts.
Did I share my Q5 pics already?

I promise as soon as I get the parts for my Q7 I'll take pics and post.
Parts are in!!! They also look fantastic!! I'm waiting in the cluster part, but have installed the four door trims, the dash trim and the center console. Parts came in last night and I have they installed within an hour.

I'll take some pics with my SLR and share.
Old 06-28-2014, 07:56 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

any profile shots or other shots of the car with the spacers installed?

if so please post here:

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2867925
Old 06-28-2014, 10:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Poncherelly

Parts are in!!! They also look fantastic!! I'm waiting in the cluster part, but have installed the four door trims, the dash trim and the center console. Parts came in last night and I have they installed within an hour.

I'll take some pics with my SLR and share.
Here are some quick snaps. I know my car is dusty.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/yp4fqo1kj...Wei1EAphFOzixa
Old 06-30-2014, 05:46 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by papadaddy
G’day guys

Greetings from Sydney Australia....

Pick up my Q7 next week (3.0TDI, S-Line, Techniks Pack with 21 inch) which will be my first Audi after having owned previously a BMW and Mercedes.

A few mods I have purchased already prior to having the car delivered are
• H&R springs
• H&R spacers 18mm (f) 30mm (r)..........

Now for the interior…..................

........I came across these carbon fibre inlays and am not sure if this is a factory option or if it was done by a local mob here in Australia. Reason i ask if it is factory is because the car i saw it one was a dealer demo car.
G'Day mate;
Gosh I Miss Sydney!! (did my 5 yrs worked in Chatswood but lived in MANLY) and company gave me a Toyota Land cruiser Diesel (to of line to die for !!).....and I drove that sucker(hard) EVERYWHERE - wash it and drive to any restaurants and guys would battle to Vale-park it !!!......
So I installed the K_ROO BAR ; Side steps, ROOF RACK with LADDER; K_MAC Long travel suspension + Air Coils; etc. etc. ...... and was BLACK on BLACK.....<so you get that picture>

I had always wanted that "carbon-Fiber" looks on inside and ended up doing ( like previous user suggested) via 3M 1080 film. You can do this EASY and I did myself. And it has one advantage - if AND when you want to sell it - you can simply peel it off ( if the new owner wants stock) .....

I had sold my LC for more money than I paid for!!! shocked me!!! and I even drove it on "ROUND AUSTRALIA ROAD TRIP" with a small trailer in tow!
Never missed a beat and had lots & lots of people take pictures of it on route!

Audi does make a STD Caron Fiber (kits are factory special order) as I saw them at the Assembly plants in Saxony & Austria .... (it was shipped from outside mfger) I am not sure if your dealer would do that at order time -AS I know when I ordered the Q7 (see below) lots of items - I had to PUSH the DEALER (some salesman are just lazy) as they don't want to write emails and wait for weeks for order......
SO hope it not too late to order factory set - if not I would do the 3M 1080 route....here is their link (best to check 'fleebay and get it via china - lots cheaper)

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3...ns/Series1080/

Hope its helpful ..........and Cheers mate !

Last edited by miked807; 06-30-2014 at 05:48 AM. Reason: 3m Wraps will do
Old 06-30-2014, 05:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by miked807

G'Day mate;
Gosh I Miss Sydney!! (did my 5 yrs working in Chatswood and live in MANLY) and company gave me a Toyota Land cruiser Diesel (to of line).....
So I installed the K_ROO BAR ; Side steps, ROOF RACK with LADDER; K_MAC Long travel suspension + Air Coils; etc. etc. ...... and was BLACK on BLACK.....<so you get that picture>

I had always wanted that "carbon-Fiber" looks on inside and ended up doing ( like previous user suggested) via 3M 1080 film. You can do this EASY and I did myself. And it has one advantage - if AND when you want to sell it - you can simply peel it off ( if the new owner wants stock) .....

I had sold my LC for more money than I paid for!!! shocked me!!! and I even drove it on "ROUND AUSTRALIA ROAD TRIP" with a small trailer in tow!
Never missed a beat and had lots & lots of people take pictures of it on route!

Audi does make a STD Caron Fiber (kits are factory special order) as I saw them at the Assembly plants in Saxony & Austria .... (it was shipped from outside mfger) I am not sure if your dealer would do that at order time -AS I know when I ordered the Q7 (see below) lots of items - I had to PUSH the DEALER (some salesman are just lazy) as they don't want to write emails and wait for weeks for order......
SO hope it not too late to order factory set - if not I would do the 3M 1080 route....here is their link (best to check 'fleebay and get it via china - lots cheaper)

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3...ns/Series1080/

Hope its helpful ..........and Cheers mate !
Hey bud,
I don't think you can buy CF from the dealer. At least not for a reasonable cost. The link in you're quote was someone who added 3M carbon fiber tape for the easiest way of sprucing up your car. Very nice look (that I can see in pictures). There is another route to go down and the one I did for my Q5 and now my Q7. I purchased replacement CF wrapped parts from a guy out of the US. I love his product and you can see what he's done on his website at ocarbon.com.

I just put in the 4 door trims, passenger side dash trim and center console parts this past weekend and waiting on my dash cluster to come in to complete the package.

This guy is really good at what he does. Does take his time, but at the end of the day you WILL be happy with the end look.

If you want some pics, I'll repost my Dropbox link after I upload some better pictures.
Old 06-30-2014, 01:43 PM
AudiWorld Expert

the 2015 Q7 offers it as an option for the US or you can purchase it from EU suppliers since the v12 Q7 had it since it's debut.
Old 06-30-2014, 04:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by iconoclast
the 2015 Q7 offers it as an option for the US or you can purchase it from EU suppliers since the v12 Q7 had it since it's debut.
Ah I did not know that. Not sure if the parts have changed from 2014 to 2015 but I would imagine the cost to be prohibitive unless you made it as part of your deal.

Good to know for my next Audi in 2018 or 2019 if my purchase trend continues .
Old 06-30-2014, 06:30 PM
AudiWorld Expert

it's part of the new sport package offered on 2015 models... if you wanted to buy and retrofit the v12 set i believe it is $1200 new.

OEM Piece:

someone selling in the classifieds:
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2861349

i have seen this aftermarket piece but i think the glare from the resin would be annoying when driving:

Quick Reply: Carbon Fibre Inlays MY14 Q7