Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Changing fog lights on 2010 Q7 for brighter bulbs...

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 11:49 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Changing fog lights on 2010 Q7 for brighter bulbs...

Hello,

I am looking to brighten up my Q7 OEM Fog Lights. Can someone please recommend what I should use?

I was thinking just a simple H7 bulb replacement; however, if I did that, I am not sure what color would be best? Perhaps I could match the LED parking lights?

Or should I go with a LED or Xenon bulbs?

What is the best???

Thank You!
Old 12-17-2009, 08:58 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Yea, I'm looking too!

FYI though, I purchased some replacement LED H7 bulbs to see if they'd fit and they don't! The current H7 fog bulbs have a metal base that has the spin connector on them so that when you put the bulb in, it locks into place. I'm trying to find an HID xenon bulb kit that has this locking mechanism in it as well so I can just swap them. If I find anything, I'll let you know.

Bimmeup
Old 12-17-2009, 09:45 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I was just looking at some pictures of different bulbs, and it seems to me that the fog lights on the 2010's may not be H7 bulbs? I don't know if there is any way to find this out because if I search for replacement bulbs, everything shows up as H7. I just have to wonder if they changed them for 2010 and it's just now showing up yet because these Q7's are so new?

Bimmeup
Old 12-18-2009, 09:02 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thank you...

I have heard that there have been situations where the housing for the bulb has melted because of the heat from an over powered bulb.

I ended up paying for a Putco 55W Yellow bulb to replace what is in there.

Do you know how to pull the bulbs out?

Thanks!
Old 12-21-2009, 01:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ptzski
Thank you...

I have heard that there have been situations where the housing for the bulb has melted because of the heat from an over powered bulb.

I ended up paying for a Putco 55W Yellow bulb to replace what is in there.

Do you know how to pull the bulbs out?

Thanks!

First of all, whichever side you work on, you'll have to make sure you turn the wheel towards the outside of the wheel well. Now, you'll have to take out some of the hex screws that lock the wheel well lining. Also, there's that small plastic mud flap which has a set screw at the bottom of it and up the side a bit too. Once you get those out, you'll be able to lye on your back under the front fender, pull the lining back and reach inside of the fog housing. The fog light is turned to unlock and lock it into place so you should be able to just unlock it, then unplug the oem fog, plug the new one in, lock it in place and then replace all of the hex screws.

One thing, the liner and the front mud flap all interlock within eachother so once you've unscrewed those, don't pull out the liner completely. Make a note to yourself on how the flap and liner all go back together so that the holes line up correctly. Also, you shouldn't have to unscrew the hex screws along the top of the liner in the wheel well, that way, it's not completely hanging off or creating an issue.

Bimmeup
Old 12-21-2009, 07:21 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thank you for the reply on changing out the bulbs!

Sounds like it take a long time... how long should it take?

Thanks!
Old 01-14-2010, 08:32 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

removal/installation is fairly simple. the average time replacement of your bulbs can only took 20 minutes or less. i already tried it and its so much easy..

Last edited by Jusforfun; 01-15-2010 at 05:16 AM.
Old 01-14-2010, 03:20 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Is anyone able to confirm that the fog light bulb type is still H7 for the 2010s? I am thinking of putting HID into my fog and need to order the right type. Thanks.
Old 01-25-2010, 11:08 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by sharks777
Is anyone able to confirm that the fog light bulb type is still H7 for the 2010s? I am thinking of putting HID into my fog and need to order the right type. Thanks.
Just did HID fogs on my 2010 and want to share that the 2010s actually use H11 bulb type for fogs.
Old 01-26-2010, 03:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any bulb out messages on dash?

Quick Reply: Changing fog lights on 2010 Q7 for brighter bulbs...