Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Coil Recall Campaign VIN specific?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 07:26 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coil Recall Campaign VIN specific?

I dropped my 07 Q7 at the dealer for the 35k mile service. I asked about the Ignition Coil recall and he stated that my car did not fall in the VIN range. I checked the audi website and it didn't say anything about VIN range. It was very vague and only showed all Q7's. Does anyone know if this is VIN specific or should all 07 Q7's get new coils?
Old 08-16-2010, 07:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by BeastMobile
I dropped my 07 Q7 at the dealer for the 35k mile service. I asked about the Ignition Coil recall and he stated that my car did not fall in the VIN range. I checked the audi website and it didn't say anything about VIN range. It was very vague and only showed all Q7's. Does anyone know if this is VIN specific or should all 07 Q7's get new coils?
According to Audi's website the notification date already passed for 4.2 and is now through September for 3.6s. Whether or not all VINs are affected is a good question, but if you have the 4.2 and your car is affected it would seem you should have already received a notification in the mail.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:38 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by kristatos
According to Audi's website the notification date already passed for 4.2 and is now through September for 3.6s. Whether or not all VINs are affected is a good question, but if you have the 4.2 and your car is affected it would seem you should have already received a notification in the mail.
I have a 3.6 and just bought it about a week or so ago. So I figured I better get to the dealership to get my name in the system. I ran across the recall on Audi's website so I figured I better ask them about it while the 35k service was being performed. The service adviser stated my car did not fall in the VIN range and just wanted to be sure they were not pulling my chain.
Old 08-16-2010, 03:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Enter your VIN here to see if it's part of the campaign.

http://www.audiusa.com/us/brand/en/o...in_lookup.html
Old 08-17-2010, 07:37 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

^ I checked my VIN on that site and it basically says can't find my VIN or No recalls at this time.
Old 08-17-2010, 03:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^ I checked my VIN on that site and it basically says can't find my VIN or No recalls at this time.
x2.

Never been so confused by a recall. Received letter stating needing the recall. Dealer rep said they would need the car a few days. Stopped in, seperate rep said no 3.6's affected... Called back said waiting on stock, would receive another letter from Audi...

Talked with diff Audi dealer said possible recall.

Seems like alot of words and no definitive answer. Will call Audi directly and see what they say.
Old 08-17-2010, 05:50 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

If you do contact Audi, please ask if it is VIN specific or will all 07 Q7's need to get the coil replaced. Thanks!
Old 08-17-2010, 06:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you do contact Audi, please ask if it is VIN specific or will all 07 Q7's need to get the coil replaced. Thanks!
Not true. My 2007 3.6 premium got the recall notice. However, I have not gotten the notice yet to take into Audi. VIN search said Aug/Sept and still not letter to go in.
Old 08-17-2010, 08:26 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Only took an hour to have my 4.2 done. LOL! Now I wonder if they really did it?
Old 08-18-2010, 05:40 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Tric
Not true. My 2007 3.6 premium got the recall notice. However, I have not gotten the notice yet to take into Audi. VIN search said Aug/Sept and still not letter to go in.
What do you mean you got the recall notice but haven't gotten the notice to take to Audi? So when you enter your vin number on the audi website it tells you that you are slated for aug/sept? Or did you just choose the make/model/year and it said aug/sept?

Quick Reply: Coil Recall Campaign VIN specific?