Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Collection checklist - 2012 Q7 TDI

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 03:54 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Collection checklist - 2012 Q7 TDI

Gents/Ladies

Does somebody have a comprehensive checklist of items to check/look out for when picking up a new vehicle?

Due to collect my 2012 Q7 TDI tomorrow afternoon - whilst v excited, I don't want to miss any shortcomings of the dealer.

On a similar note, is there a sure way of verifying all the options specified are present (aside from testing each feature)?

One final point, the drive back from the dealer is 100 miles (mainly motorway) - any recommended break-in procedure for the TDI engine to be followed on this type of drive/commute?

Many thanks in advance for any guidance.

Cheers
Old 06-23-2011, 04:49 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Cargo net, Nav setup, Tire pressures (they can be over inflated during delivery). AdBlue topped off. Bring a camera and shoot pics from every angle, even if you dont post them here you can still use them to verify chips or scuffs after you leave (hopefully a complete waste of time but you never know). You can say its for the forum anyway if they thinbk its a bit odd you snapping every angle. If you are getting tow make them give you the adaptor everyone seems to need.
Re the drive home the trick with the new engines is to vary speed, dont just sit on one rpm. Just dont use the cruise control for more than 10-15 mins without varying speed. Dont use full throttle/foot on the floor for the first 500 miles. Gradually increase the speeds and acceleration over the first 1500 miles. The TDI is quite stiff at first and will not develop full power for a few thousand miles. During this period it will also use approx a quart of oil. The oil in the TDI is very high spec, they may even give you some??? My 3.0 TDI has barely used that much in the 5 years since I got it. Watch for the preheater light to go out before you start.... can be up to as long as 2 whole seconds Get them to show you the hidden menu!
Remember the brakes have not bedded in and will not be truly awesome for a day or two.
Congrats, good luck and enjoy.
Old 06-23-2011, 04:54 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Oops you are UK dunno if you have the adblue in Euro spec yet???
PS 3.0 or 4.2?
PPS as you are EU make sure the warning triangle is in the tailgate door panel and first aid is in tray under the driver seat.
Edit. You should get three keys.
EU spec; hold unlock on fob all windows down (sunroof can be added via MMI), hold lock all windows up sunroof close. If they dont you can reset by holding the up button on the offending door for two seconds after it ups and reclicking it up (methinks)
There should be a tire pump under tray in back on left.
OEM screenwash is amazing... high alcahol content, push fgor some of that too. Maybe I'm trying tooo hard. LOL

Last edited by Jusforfun; 06-23-2011 at 05:06 PM.
Old 06-27-2011, 09:18 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jff,

Thanks for that comprehensive reply...unfortunately I read it a little too late!

Very useful nonetheless, will try and post some pics up soon.

The day of collection didn't go too smoothly. The car had air suspension issues (wouldn't lower) and I only found out when selecting reverse the rear camera was missing. The lens is there but apparently the chip to make the camera function is missing - will be added at a later date...but they don't know when hmm.

The sales rep informed that there is no need to break in the TDI engine - can drive aggressively if wanted from the day 1 - but the only consideration was to let the engine warm before ragging the hell out of it.

Re AdBlue - in the UK we have two diesel engine - the normal TDI and the Clean Diesel TDI which requires AdBlue. I have the former so no issues there.

About the hidden menu - was not shown many features of the car at all. It's going to be the case that I now need to sit down and go thru the encyclopedic owners handbook. What does hidden menu offer and how is it accessed?

The vehicle has been great so far, the only issue is the 1-2 second lag from planting your foot and getting that acceleration - even in Sport mode. Have never driven a diesel before but have been informed that this is a normal trait of TDIs.

Anyway cheers for the all the info - only thing remaining is now is figure how to keep a black car looking clean...its already a mess after 4 days!

R