Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Dealer scraped my Q7.... HELP

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 02:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealer scraped my Q7.... HELP

I have a 6 week old Q7 that just had it's 3rd visit to the dealer. First time wiper stopped working second and third time for vibration that they said was from a faulty wheel. Picked up my q this afternoon, drove off lot and discovered that the vibration and noise that was supposedly a tire problem had not resolved itself. So frustrated. I drive to my kids school to pick them up and when I get there my kids walk up to the truck and say "how did you get the scrape on the truck. I jump out of the truck and go around to the passenger side infront of the front tire and sure enough there is a nice scrape that was not there when I dropped it off. Under closer inspection it was apparant that the scratch happened after Audi detailed the car as there were pieces on the scratch that would have washed off if it was prior. How do I prove to Audi that they did this? I am so &%(^%&amp&*)*&^)*_mad right now. Not only do I need to take the truck back in for the 4th time in 6 weeks to fix the vibration and noise, but now I have to somehow prove to them that they did this to the truck. Has anyone had this happen before....Thank you
Old 10-26-2006, 05:33 PM

Default ouch... sorry to hear. on what terms are you with the dealer?

i'd probably just call them ASAP, and patiently and kindly tell the service manager (or the person that helped you during the service visit).

i've always learned that it's not good to lose your cool.

i've also learned to give my car a good look over before i leave the lot - this way, if i catch anything, i can go in and report it right away.

good luck!
Old 10-26-2006, 05:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hope you called right away, go back and ask for SVC Mgr.
Old 10-26-2006, 05:35 PM

First tip is to stop calling your Q7 a truck.
Old 10-26-2006, 06:10 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Go back and have a look for what scraped it

My previous car was left in for service and the next day I found a big bump in the running board. i rang them and they said it must have happened after from a stone or something. i went to the workshop and took a peek around and noticed a tripod that fitted perfectly into the shape. I accused them of letting it off a jack onto the tripod without removing it properly and one of the mechanics owned up. he insisted that he hadnt noticed the damage but they replaced it.
Maybe if you return you might see a likely culprit or snag. it cannot have been missed by everyone. Somewhere there is your paint on,or over polished, or cleaned for no reason tool chest or something.
Old 10-26-2006, 09:35 PM

Thanks very much for nothing!
Old 10-26-2006, 09:37 PM

Default Re: ouch... sorry to hear. on what terms are you with the dealer?

Thanks, I called them this afternoon and I was pleasantly surprised. They said bring it in and they will take care of it! It is still frustrating that I have to go back a 4th time and probably 2 more times after that to actually fix the scrape as well as fix the vibration.
Old 10-26-2006, 10:22 PM

Default It has happened to me on my C6 A6. The dealer I go to...

provides free car washes. After telling the employees at the wash station not to use the brushes on the body of the car they scrubbed away at the trunk and put nice Japanese sand garden scratches. If the dealer truly believes in customer service they will own up to the mistake they should either buff the scratch out or take to the paint and body shop they deal with. My dealership is wonderful, Barrier Motors Bellevue, Washington.
Old 10-27-2006, 05:48 AM

Default Vancouver...I can see your frustation

I too have this vibration in the tires and after taking it in for the 2nd time to dealer and they road tested it and balanced the front wheels they say problem is fixed....I get the car up to highway speeds and theres the problem again.

Now the car has to go back again.......I know the fine enigneers at AUDI AG are reading these posts, they would have to be crazy not to.....

So in this matter lets fix these small little problems now before it gets too hazardous ....such as this WIPER PROBLEM ALOT OF US ARE HAVING
Old 10-27-2006, 07:16 AM

Anytime.

Quick Reply: Dealer scraped my Q7.... HELP