Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Do I have a Lemon? What Woud you do?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 02:31 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DenverQ7
Well hats off to AOA. They've earned a customer for life.

They are standing behind the car and 'buying' it back, allowing me to purchase a new one.

They and the dealer say I won't be out of pocket for a new one and AOA has a mechanism to buy it back and make sure no one profits in the transaction. The dealer won't lose and we won't be out of pocket.

As there aren't any 2012 Q7s with same trim, color, etc., we'll build a new one in a 2013 model and have it delivered.

Thanks for all the advice and well done Audi! Way to stand behind your product.
Glad it all worked out. It also gives us a good feeling for Audi since we just joined the Audi family a few weeks ago.
Old 08-21-2012, 03:28 PM
Ultimate Keyboard Warrior

Received 284 Likes on 204 Posts

Great outcome!

I had a similar experience with a brand new E39 BMW 528i in 1996. The car was constantly in the shop for issues, none related to the other. After about 14 visits BMWNA called me and asked what they could do to make me happy. I said "give me a new car", reply was "done!" They ordered me a new car, and when it arrived we did a simple key swap, a few signatures. New car had more options than the first one.
Old 08-21-2012, 03:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Awesome turnout....Looks like remaining optimistic worked out in this case, congrats and enjoy the new Q7.
Old 08-21-2012, 04:05 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm glad to hear everything worked out the way it should. Congrats!
Old 08-22-2012, 11:34 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks everyone for all your help! Agree that it was a great outcome.
Old 09-20-2012, 06:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That is a Great Story!!!
Old 09-20-2012, 09:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Glad to know things worked out! I am going to join the Audi family soon, and this gives me a good feeling!
Old 10-01-2012, 04:51 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by drcyrus3d
600 miles????!?!?!?!? Why did you take it??? I made a huge **** out of 47 miles on my car, cause i told them not to use it as test drive. They were lying to me that they made the 47 miles in the audi lot at the factory and then they put it on the ship, they took it down and put it on a truck ... i'm like really? 47 miles?

You don't want to know what people do when testing out a car like this. I would have not accepted it in the first place. When I tested a Q7 before buying mine, i told the guy i'm paying ready to pay in case i get a ticket. I drove 110mph and i pushed it to the limit.
Cars come in with 47 miles all the time off the truck. Constantly. It's right on the shipping receipt as arriving at port in the US, before a dealer ever sees the car.

Clearly 600 miles is a ton more. But to act like cars come in with 0-5 miles is completely false. Occasionally there are cars which come in with very, very low miles....6-10 but that is about as likely as having 47.

The only solution for people not to receive cars that have not been test driven, by people who abuse new cars like you, is to not offer test drives at all. We all know that won't fly.
Old 10-02-2012, 04:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Picked mine up on friday with 8 miles on the Odometer, but have had no objection to previous new cars with 50+ miles.
And, for what it's worth, your swipe about abusing someone else's new car is unfair based on what he said. I don't agree that driving 110 and pushing a car hard is abusing it (break-in questions aside). Smart is another question.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:40 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

@Quattroftmfw thanks for the flame!

1. What I was trying to say was that the dealership lied and they did use it as a test drive car, even though I explicitly told them NOT TO.
2. No car should come with more than 10+ miles on it off the ship. This is not a $10k car that is cheaper if you drive it from one dealers lot to the other, than actually transporting it on a trailer.
3. The car I drove before ordering mine had almost 4k miles on it and it was the business card of the dealership (they actually had 2 Q7's there a prestige and an S for test drive).
4. If a dealership can't afford a test drive car, I really don't give a @#$%!
5. When it comes to test driving a car, each and everyone of us has it's own way of doing it. If you prefer going 65mph on the highways, it's your problem, respect everybody else's opinions if you want to last in this forum.

Good day!

Quick Reply: Do I have a Lemon? What Woud you do?