Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

euro plate filler panel

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2010, 03:17 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default euro plate filler panel

has anyone replaced the US license plate filler panel for a euro plate filler panel on their q7? I know some here have switched to the shiny black plate delete panel....I've got a US spec panel with a euro plate attached - SUCKS. looks horrible. I'd like to get that embedded/curved look that euro q7's have....

any suggestions??

part numbers??
Old 07-17-2010, 03:44 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by chirf4
has anyone replaced the US license plate filler panel for a euro plate filler panel on their q7? I know some here have switched to the shiny black plate delete panel....I've got a US spec panel with a euro plate attached - SUCKS. looks horrible. I'd like to get that embedded/curved look that euro q7's have....

any suggestions??

part numbers??
If you're talking about the plain black panel in the attached photo, as a new car option, it's Code 6W9 - Front License Plate Filler Grill Panel.

If you take that to an Audi dealer, the parts guy can probably get it for you. If you want it at a discount off of MSRP, I can give you a couple of suggestions depending whether you're on the Left or the Right Coast.
Attached Images  

Last edited by DUTCH VanAtlanta; 07-17-2010 at 03:47 PM.
Old 07-18-2010, 05:24 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Ahhh... I felt I was one of the only people that was looking for this. Here in the South, we don't require front plates.

After searching high and low on here I gave up.

Shame on me for "not just asking the forum"!

Can you point myself in the right direction for an east coast dealership that is willing to get better than MSRP pricing on OEM part? Needing to order that and the rear bumper non-hitch cover.
Old 07-18-2010, 12:17 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Dutch,

that is the part I will need when I return to the states. thanks!! do you know the part number that will let me switch to a euro plate? OEM plus has one that I think is what I need - attached. I'm trying to get my plate to look like the one in the attached V12....Would you happen to know that part number?
Attached Images    
Old 07-18-2010, 01:54 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by PhoenixINX

Can you point myself in the right direction for an east coast dealership that is willing to get better than MSRP pricing on OEM part? Needing to order that and the rear bumper non-hitch cover.
Not sure if it's OK to reference a non-supporting vendor on the forum; so I'll send the info to you by PM.
Old 07-18-2010, 01:56 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by chirf4
Dutch,

that is the part I will need when I return to the states. thanks!! do you know the part number that will let me switch to a euro plate? OEM plus has one that I think is what I need - attached. I'm trying to get my plate to look like the one in the attached V12....Would you happen to know that part number?
Sorry, I do not.
Old 07-29-2010, 08:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

would you have the part no for the shiny filler with spot for license plate? Saw an S Line today with one. Thanks
Old 07-30-2010, 02:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by GRNMACHINE
would you have the part no for the shiny filler with spot for license plate? Saw an S Line today with one. Thanks
All I have is that order code I posted earlier. Sorry.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default do you need a S-line car to get the s-line filler?

will the s-line filler also work for the non-S line model? i have an 08 premium and want the s-line grill.

Originally Posted by DUTCH VanAtlanta
All I have is that order code I posted earlier. Sorry.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:49 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by omniskye
will the s-line filler also work for the non-S line model? i have an 08 premium and want the s-line grill.
Yes, it works for non-s line model too. I also have an 08 premium with s line filler. I got it from ebay and it's an oem part.

Quick Reply: euro plate filler panel