Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Exhaust Tips & Mud Flaps

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 04:41 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust Tips & Mud Flaps

Has anyone replaced their Exhaust tips. Mine has gone very black and I would like to replace them. The upgraded accessory exhaust tips they sell at the dealer is too expensive. Anyone has changed theirs and any recommendations?

Also, anyone has insatlled mud flaps? If so, how do you like them? Is it worth it?
Old 02-28-2010, 06:13 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hi, i bought some tips from ebay, and got them put on by a local mechanic. Also, ive seen Q7's around my area with mud flaps too. Personally i think that they make the car look a bit cheap but thats just my opinion.
Old 02-28-2010, 08:38 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Same here .. NE1 have the Cayenne Turbo exhaust tips on the Q7
Old 02-28-2010, 08:54 AM
LOP
AudiWorld Member

I bought the Audi mudflaps and was going to install after painting, but when I went to fit them, they appeared to not fit right leaving gaps on the rear flaps. Fronts were good fit.

Wasn't sure if it was my trim level (4.2 prestige s-line) or what, so I returned flaps. Was not really impressed with the look even if I had painted them and since the fit was not flush...why bother?
Old 02-28-2010, 10:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Here is car of BlackEagle showing before and after Cayenne tips. Got to love that colour;-)
Hope you like his S (sport) badge in place of 3.6. Makes it look like a beast IMO

Last edited by Jusforfun; 02-28-2010 at 10:59 AM.
Old 02-28-2010, 01:49 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks guys for sharing. What size I.D/O.D/Length fits the Q7?

I see that the current one is welded. How much does one pay for to remove the old and add on the new by a mechanic, since it is welded?
Old 02-28-2010, 04:14 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

those Cayenne tips looks so much better than the OEM Q7 tips ..i'm just wondering if these tips would fit the Q7 ..

Old 03-01-2010, 02:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cayenne tips look better but something about the shape in the circle cutout doesnt look quite right. I am looking to replace the tips as well. I like the stock 4.2 tips, as stated, the price from the dealer is astounding.... rayaans, can you post a pic of your ebay tips installed?? Saw a set on the ebay uk site that looked really really nice. The price for US dollars become a little to steep when add shipping. Re: mudflaps, wanted them, but read alot of negative reviews re: fit and install. Decided against it.

kaptom, where and how much are those tips you have pictured. And lastly, JustForFun, I am not sure if I like the Sline badging on that Q7. I removed the 3.6 badges and I like the clean look. As far as the vehicle next to the Blue Q----WoW!!! Love it.
Old 03-02-2010, 04:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

[QUOTE=GRNMACHINE;23934867]Cayenne tips look better but something about the shape in the circle cutout doesnt look quite right. I am looking to replace the tips as well. I like the stock 4.2 tips, as stated, the price from the dealer is astounding.... rayaans, can you post a pic of your ebay tips installed?? Saw a set on the ebay uk site that looked really really nice. The price for US dollars become a little to steep when add shipping. Re: mudflaps, wanted them, but read alot of negative reviews re: fit and install. Decided against it.

kaptom, where and how much are those tips you have pictured. And lastly, JustForFun, I am not sure if I like the Sline badging on that Q7. I removed the 3.6 badges and I like the clean look. As far as the vehicle next to the Blue Q----WoW!!! Love it.[/QUOTE

i googled it the other day and now ican't seem to find it.. but i believe the cost is about $500 to $1200 .. expensive for just exhaust tips ..
Old 03-02-2010, 07:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

kaptom, at that price I wouldnt need the link anyway... A little too steep for exhaust tips for me. Thanks for info.

Quick Reply: Exhaust Tips & Mud Flaps