Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

A few features on my new Q7 I can't figure out

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 10:55 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A few features on my new Q7 I can't figure out

I'm certainly loving my new 2013 TDI Prem+ after 4+ yrs with my 09 3.6 Prem+.

However, there are a few nits that I can't figure out with the new features:
  1. How do I turn off the volume adjustment when I go in reverse (turns down the radio volume)?
  2. The cruise control used to increment @ 1MPH when bumping the stalk in the 3.6, now it only adjusts either 2.5 or 5 MPH. Is there any way to adjust this?
  3. The auto cruise seems aggressive slowing down in traffic. Its seems to come up quick on the car in front and slam on the brakes (a bit of an exaggeration) when you get close. I have it set on Dynamic and single car distance, but are there other settings?
  4. My steering wheel radio tuner used to always be set to preset stations in the 3.6, but now I have to go all the way to the top and choose presets if I want to use the steering wheel controls. Any way to get this to stay on presets?
I always count on this community for answers to make my Q7 experience more exciting. Thanks for your help!
Old 08-26-2013, 11:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Clenz
The auto cruise seems aggressive slowing down in traffic. Its seems to come up quick on the car in front and slam on the brakes (a bit of an exaggeration) when you get close. I have it set on Dynamic and single car distance, but are there other settings?
Dynamic is the most "aggressive" driving of the modes. You can select from Dynamic, Auto, and Comfort I believe. Its been a while since I set mine, but it was somewhere in the MMI screens. The distance control is the little left/right slider on top of the cruise control stalk.
Old 08-26-2013, 09:34 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 164 Likes on 93 Posts

1.How do I turn off the volume adjustment when I go in reverse (turns down the radio volume)?
This is in the MMI system settings. Car. Car Systems. Parking Aid, Near bottom is radio volume while parking.

2.The cruise control used to increment @ 1MPH when bumping the stalk in the 3.6, now it only adjusts either 2.5 or 5 MPH. Is there any way to adjust this?
You have adaptive cruise control which uses radar to keep distance to car in front of you. The initial speed setting is variable and does not need to go in 2.5 or 5 mph increments. The car will also be infinitely variable on speed when following the car in front of you. Therefore the 1 MPH speed control is not as necessary. I agree it would have been nice, but if you learn to use adaptive speed control correctly is rarely to never a problem.

3.The auto cruise seems aggressive slowing down in traffic. Its seems to come up quick on the car in front and slam on the brakes (a bit of an exaggeration) when you get close. I have it set on Dynamic and single car distance, but are there other settings?
Switch the default in the MMI also. Car Systems. Adaptive Cruise Control. Set to Auto or Comfort and distance of 3, then the slow down will be more civilized.

4.My steering wheel radio tuner used to always be set to preset stations in the 3.6, but now I have to go all the way to the top and choose presets if I want to use the steering wheel controls. Any way to get this to stay on presets?
Not that I could find. I never use radio anymore using streaming Internet radio almost exclusively instead, so not a problem for me.
Old 08-27-2013, 05:48 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for the info.

I do wish that with the cruise ( not adaptive) I could adjust speed at 1mph increments.
Old 08-28-2013, 08:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Clenz
Thanks for the info.

I do wish that with the cruise ( not adaptive) I could adjust speed at 1mph increments.
Bumping the cruise control stick on mine changes speed in 1 mph increments (or decrements). Holding the stick changes speed in 5 mph intervals.