Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

A few problems with a Q7 :(

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2009, 01:04 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A few problems with a Q7 :(

Hi guys,

I currently lease(lease ends at June, 2010) a 2007 Audi Q7 4.2FSI, and there are some problems im trying to fix but unable to do so without your guys help, here is the list.

1. I suspected a constant wet mat&floor(observed for about two weeks) at the front passenger side.

2. Sometimes when I want to get in the car(keyless entry) it doesn't obey me, and there were times that the tailgate was opened by itself, and also when I press to open the tailgate on my remote it never opens the tailgate.

3. I'm getting a flat battery almost now and then, and since its my only car I drive quite alot(odometer displays almost 42,000).

4. ABS failed like 2-days ago for some stupid reason(I think I might have to bring to the dealer for this one but maybe there are some troubleshooting tips you guys have).

I dont feel like bringing it to the dealer because they are total a*holes(if all else fails then I have no choice) and, I decided I'd rather give it a try to the dedicated professional-nice people here.

I know it may look like a huge list but if you guys help me out on this it will be such a huge favor for me.

Special and huge thanks,
Daniel.
Old 12-12-2009, 02:46 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by DannyBoy1
Hi guys,

I currently lease(lease ends at June, 2010) a 2007 Audi Q7 4.2FSI, and there are some problems im trying to fix but unable to do so without your guys help, here is the list.

1. I suspected a constant wet mat&floor(observed for about two weeks) at the front passenger side.

2. Sometimes when I want to get in the car(keyless entry) it doesn't obey me, and there were times that the tailgate was opened by itself, and also when I press to open the tailgate on my remote it never opens the tailgate.

3. I'm getting a flat battery almost now and then, and since its my only car I drive quite alot(odometer displays almost 42,000).

4. ABS failed like 2-days ago for some stupid reason(I think I might have to bring to the dealer for this one but maybe there are some troubleshooting tips you guys have).

I dont feel like bringing it to the dealer because they are total a*holes(if all else fails then I have no choice) and, I decided I'd rather give it a try to the dedicated professional-nice people here.

I know it may look like a huge list but if you guys help me out on this it will be such a huge favor for me.

Special and huge thanks,
Daniel.
I had the dead battery and self opening hatch issue. A bad door handle sensor for the advanced key was the diagnosis, it was not allowing car to go into sleep mode and the battery was being depleted. I just had my second one replaced, it takes them a week to order and paint it.
Old 12-12-2009, 03:58 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by QuartzQ7
I had the dead battery and self opening hatch issue. A bad door handle sensor for the advanced key was the diagnosis, it was not allowing car to go into sleep mode and the battery was being depleted. I just had my second one replaced, it takes them a week to order and paint it.
Thanks for the reply quartz.

Oh btw I also forgot to mention that when I want to lock the car using the buttons on the door handle it doesnt lock sometimes.

Do you think its enough evidence to cause problems such as a faulty door handle ?

And this only can be fixed by going to the dealer ?

Thanks.
Old 12-12-2009, 05:48 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

while under warranty, it's a dealer job for sure.

My car was great for 15 months and then a disaster for 5 months with 3 dead battery in the driveway events with an expecting wife. We got past that and its been reliable since then. They tried other things first(e.g. replacing battery), but replacing the handle solved it.

Last edited by QuartzQ7; 12-12-2009 at 06:10 PM.
Old 12-13-2009, 04:27 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks for the reply Quartz.

I though at first it could be Audi's Convenience Module(is it underneath the floor like for example the A4 or other Audi's?) and thats why I was suspecting it becuase, the front passenger mat&floor being wet all the time.

Or do you think all together I should bring the car to the dealer ?
Old 12-13-2009, 04:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi DannyBoy1, welcome. I can think of 2 possible reasons for water ingress. First is blocked drains from or leak in frame mount of sunroof. Second is blocked cowls or ducting below windscreen for carrying away rainwater.
Both have had previous cases. Scroll down body faults in Q7 Spreadsheet for links back here.
Applying updates now.
Old 12-13-2009, 05:26 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Jusforfun
Hi DannyBoy1, welcome. I can think of 2 possible reasons for water ingress. First is blocked drains from or leak in frame mount of sunroof. Second is blocked cowls or ducting below windscreen for carrying away rainwater.
Both have had previous cases. Scroll down body faults in Q7 Spreadsheet for links back here.
Applying updates now.
Thanks alot will check your stuff right now.
Old 12-13-2009, 05:38 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Too bad that you can't edit posts here but whatever.

I dont see any visible water leakage from the sunroof but do I still have to clean the drains ?

Thanks.
Old 12-13-2009, 05:48 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hello I had you first issue and it is a drain that is needs to be cleaned.
You can do it yourself.
Old 12-13-2009, 07:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default i have had 2 door handles replaced, passenger front and back

they have a battery supposedly that dies i them

Quick Reply: A few problems with a Q7 :(