Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Front Ashtray

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 01:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Ashtray

Contacted Audi customer service again. They said they cannot retrofit my Q7 with a wood trim ashtray and that cars ordered later could be manufactured with that option. When I pressed her, she said they could put in a "metal ashtray". I asked for specifications and she said she would call me back by Friday with them, so I would know exactly what I would be "PAYING FOR". Of course I said I should not have to pay for it, and by the way, I wanted the cargo net too! ARGH!!!
Old 09-06-2006, 01:22 PM
PGM

Default Re: Front Ashtray

Thank you for doing the front running on this. They owe us the complete console -- wood ashtray insert included -- as advertised and represented in all their marketing literature. Any suggestions on where we should go from here?
Old 09-06-2006, 02:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I too spoke with Audi customer service today and told them I want the "wood" ashtray cover. Another poster on this forum has already had it installed by the dealer. So wood is possible, it doesn't have to be metal!!

Everyone should call and ask for it, the 800# I used is at work but it's the customer care group.
I'll update this post with the number tomorrow.
Old 09-06-2006, 02:23 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Literature?

"European specification shown" on everything I have.

Are you referring to sticker or other?

DD
Old 09-06-2006, 03:25 PM
PGM

Default Re: Literature?

If you can lay your hands on the North American Audi Q7 accessories catalog, it clearly depicts the commonly missing (deleted) ahstray insert; yet this is not portrayed as an after-purchase accessory. It appears to be a standard item on the premium version of the Q7 which is what we expected when we purchased the car. My dealer has already sloughed this off as an EU provision, not available on US cars. We don't buy it, not when we have shelled out cash for the premium version of this car sight unseen.

My wife also wants the ski bag that was to be part of the premium package at the time we placed our order.

We don't mean to overstate the issue here, but the gaping hole in the console is unsightly and unfinished.
Old 09-06-2006, 04:22 PM

I just talked to my salesman again this evening. I discovered that I do not have adaptive cruise control. We went over all of the literature and it was not offered as a standalone option when I ordered my Premium vehicle. That was back in 02/06. I fully expected to have adaptive cruise control, and I absolutely would have ordered it as a standalone option. I have cruise control, but not the "adaptive" kind. I explained this to my salesman. I especially miss it, because it was on my '05 Toyota Sienna.

I believe that we have a good case to enforce performance on Audi's part. I am not a lawyer, but I am a real estate broker and do understand laws of truth in advertising. Perhaps this would be considered a "class action suit". Any hungry attorneys in the room?
Old 09-06-2006, 04:47 PM

Default Re: Literature?

Front ashtray is also in owners manual
Old 09-06-2006, 04:55 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default my cover is so good

and it is damped as it slides out. I got to say that extra 12V socket with the lighter in there too just completes the the show.
Next, the cargo net really is a must when the carpet is so slippery. I use it all the time.

On the other hand they bumped the price by FIFTY THOUSAND EURO. Best of luck with your class action suit.

"The models varients, eguipment and some of the accessories illustrated in this brochure are not available in all countries"
Bet you got a version of that in your catalogue.
Old 09-07-2006, 05:51 AM

Default Audi Customer Care # (800) 822-2834

Call and tell them you want your front ashtray!
Old 09-07-2006, 05:57 AM

time to stop smoking!

Quick Reply: Front Ashtray