Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

HOT DEBATE!! - Q7 vs. X6 & X5

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2010, 08:17 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HOT DEBATE!! - Q7 vs. X6 & X5

What do you Q7 owners think? How does Q7 stands against BMW X6 and X5?

I know it is hot debate, especially being in Audi Q7 Forum!
I HOPE your answers will not be BIASED against Q7!

Best Regards,
Ness.
Old 12-26-2010, 09:21 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

X6? Seriously? that thing is a joke much like the acura/honda crosstour thing
X5... nice vehicle, boring styling unless you spend a small fortune. Boring interior. questionable all wheel drive

Q7... 3rd row is good for kids. great audi interior styling. entry level Q7 is a little boring without Sline exterior options. Expensive if you start adding options.

BTW... there are about 100 threads similar to this that you can find via search

Originally Posted by ness7
What do you Q7 owners think? How does Q7 stands against BMW X6 and X5?

I know it is hot debate, especially being in Audi Q7 Forum!
I HOPE your answers will not be BIASED against Q7!

Best Regards,
Ness.
Old 12-26-2010, 03:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why are you interested in a Q7 in the first place? If you need the 3rd row, those Bimmers are nowhere in the league.
Old 12-26-2010, 03:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I thought I was signing in to read a hot debate... What a let down.

We drove the X5 3.0, and was sorely disappointed in its performance. Let's not even talk about how backwards it's i-Drive system is. This was out first German, so we gave each one a fair shot.

The Audi won by a landslide.
Old 12-27-2010, 07:35 AM
YRS
AudiWorld Junior Member

Wife and I drove all three before getting a Q7 TDI. Frankly, we both enjoyed driving both Bimmers more, especially the X6. We've tended towards BMWs. Our issue was that we wanted diesel (not X6 option) for mileage reasons and also wanted a comfortable long distance cruiser. We'd owned a previous X5 and 6 series and the X5's low speed ride was just too busy, and while I liked the 6, I grew to absolutely hate i-drive. Lo and behold, after a long and largely successful drive in the X5 (diesel) the i-drive froze up and it took multiple restarts to fix -- killed it for me. That said, we would have ultimately chose the Q7 for looks, ride, interior, logic of controls, and perceived quality. Now have 28K on the truck and my wife still raves about it, we made the right call.
Old 12-27-2010, 06:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by PhoenixINX
I thought I was signing in to read a hot debate... What a let down.

We drove the X5 3.0, and was sorely disappointed in its performance. Let's not even talk about how backwards it's i-Drive system is. This was out first German, so we gave each one a fair shot.

The Audi won by a landslide.
Well, I like that you threw an X6 into the mix. Although it's not my thing, I am interested in who is buying that style of car. I would assume single, active people, the next gen of the station wagon? A Subaru Outback fed too much hormone laden chicken?

The X5 has that solid BMW feel, and IMHO has the best looking exterior of any SUV. But that's all it has if you ask me. Yawn interior, with one-butt-cheek 3rd row. Although I love the google-map underlay on the GPS.

Haven't driven an X6, or any of the other ones from Honda/Acura, but some hunk of the market is buying them, Mazda and Lexus are following with similar models.
Old 12-31-2010, 06:49 AM
YRS
AudiWorld Junior Member

Well, after thinking about our 09 Q7 TDI (at 28K) miles, and once again considering the competition out there...we went out yesterday and bought act two. Another Q7 TDI, virtually the same equipment (tow package and xenons added this time and we left off the S-Line) with white over brown vice Ice Silver over black). Bought the car from Ed Klima (sales manager)at Checkered Flag in Vir. Beach. I'm not one to throw endorsements around but this is the second time we've dealt with the guy and he's absolutely first class. Frankly, my wife wouldn't even consider any other vehicle at this point.