Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

HPFP replacement?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2020, 03:02 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

2 weeks and I still have not got it back from the dealer, some of their excuses were interesting. finally told them that they did not need to call me every day, they gave me a loaner 2020 Q5 with an awful drivers seat compared to my 2015, I wonder if they will tell me exactly what was replaced when I get it back
Old 07-05-2020, 03:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 568 Likes on 450 Posts

you should get an itemized list, with any extra notes and stuff.. yeah Q5 seats are terrible compared to ours, their sport seats are particularly hard as rocks but nothing on that platform is as nice as what we got..

Old 07-06-2020, 08:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kubla
2 weeks and I still have not got it back from the dealer, some of their excuses were interesting. finally told them that they did not need to call me every day, they gave me a loaner 2020 Q5 with an awful drivers seat compared to my 2015, I wonder if they will tell me exactly what was replaced when I get it back
My dealership said that due to Covid 19 there is a huge delay in getting parts from Germany. They have another TDI thats been waiting for 2 months for parts. Service rep told me not to expect a call from him for a long time. Got a 2019 Q5 loaner which is really nice so no rush to get the 2011 back.
Old 07-15-2020, 04:21 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

got my 2015 Q5 TDI back today, glad it was warranty, had to sign the warranty bill and saw the price which is not on my copy, $11,600, could not pay a bill that big if I wanted to right now
complete fuel system replacement including flushing the tank out
The following 3 users liked this post by Kubla:
Built4Sin (07-18-2020), dreadlocks (07-15-2020), eightynineRooted (07-18-2020)
Old 07-18-2020, 11:29 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dreadlocks
you should get an itemized list, with any extra notes and stuff.. yeah Q5 seats are terrible compared to ours, their sport seats are particularly hard as rocks but nothing on that platform is as nice as what we got..
Transmission not covered, right? Mine just went and left me stranded. Gear selector would move up and down, seem like it would engage, but it wouldn’t. R, D, S, and manual modes won’t engage anything. A shift back unit park yielded a grinding noise each time.
Old 07-18-2020, 11:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

nope, nothing at all related to the transmission is covered by the extended emissions warranty.. tha'd of only been under its original powertrain warranty, and AFIK that shoulda expired for all MK1 owners by now unless you had some aftermarket thingy.
Old 07-18-2020, 01:48 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by dreadlocks
a slight hesitation could be a gunked up injector, or any number of other things.. this will not be covered by warranty, you will pay $164 and there is a 80% chance they will just dismiss you and say this is normal.
Is this the case with VW USA? Cause here in Canada, it states that injectors are covered under the extended warranty.
Old 07-18-2020, 02:40 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Thanks, Dreadlocks. I have a feeling, this one isn’t going to be pleasant.
Old 07-18-2020, 03:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by eightynineRooted
Is this the case with VW USA? Cause here in Canada, it states that injectors are covered under the extended warranty.
Yes, but they wont just give you a new injector because you ask em nicely.. its gotta throw a fault, and now you have a component failure, you could read that fault your self and verify it before taking it to a dealer and risking a diagnostic fee... if all your seeing is a slight hesitation your SOL, find in your little book where it says a slight hesitation is covered.. they could diagnose that to be virtually anything, including the problem being between the Steering wheel and the chair.

Know a guy who just ditched his TDI Q7 after spending a small fortune trying to just diagnose a "small hesitation", got sick of the car spending money and gettin nowhere.. I was 90% sure it was his Torque Converter, which is not covered by any warranty anyhow.

Last edited by dreadlocks; 07-18-2020 at 03:08 PM.
Old 07-18-2020, 05:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 100 Likes on 74 Posts

This warranty really depends on you and the relationship you have with your service manager. It sucks, but that’s the way it is. I would advise you get a Vagcom, so that you’re aware of stored codes, that are not triggering the service light, from there you can talk your service manager into action. Essentially mine told me, he’s hamstrung by Audi with them requiring codes. However you can get action with stored codes, depending what they are and the severity of them.

The next course of action is calling AOA themselves and talking with the customer service agent who deals with the emissions warranty. Once again, you’ll need the codes. They can push for further troubleshooting with your dealer.

Quick Reply: HPFP replacement?