Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Ibis White or Glacier White ? Help!

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2011, 04:00 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ibis White or Glacier White ? Help!

Hi Everyone,

I just placed on order for a 2012 Q7 S-Line Prestige yesterday with Glacier White and Espresso Brown interior.

When I got home, I was kinda second guessing myself if I should have gone with the Ibis White. I saw bother colors at the dealer but on other models.

Does anyone have pics of the Glacier White Q7 that you can post and what is your opinion/take on this color? Does it have a different tint or hue under different lights?

The glacier white I saw at the dealer was in the showroom so it wasn't under true daylight. The reason I went with the glacier white over ibis white is because side by side, the ibis white was super white and glacier white was more subtle and the glacier white had the metallic look that was nice.

Thank you all. Hopefully I made the correct decision.
Old 11-27-2011, 03:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Have not seen any pictures of a Q7 with Glacier...However, in my opinion it is superior to Ibis in that it is a metallic color and tends to change from crisp white to a little hint of blue. Also, since it is a metallic chances are it won't show scratches and dirt as much as Ibis. Very interesting, and beautiful color. Plus it will look great over Expresso!
Old 11-28-2011, 03:49 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by veedubmac
Have not seen any pictures of a Q7 with Glacier...However, in my opinion it is superior to Ibis in that it is a metallic color and tends to change from crisp white to a little hint of blue. Also, since it is a metallic chances are it won't show scratches and dirt as much as Ibis. Very interesting, and beautiful color. Plus it will look great over Expresso!

Thank you Veedubmac for re-insuring me that I made the correct chose in color. My thought is exactly the same that the metallic color will look better than the ibis white specially on espresso interior. My only small concern was the hint of blue on such a big vehicle could a bad thing. But I think it should be find from what I've seen on other cars.

Cheers,
Old 11-29-2011, 09:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

interesting in the Audi website, White exterior is not a option...... I have heard that they are experincing white paint procurement due to interruption from the paint factories in Japan (Tsunami effect)......
Old 12-01-2011, 02:19 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by coupegt87
interesting in the Audi website, White exterior is not a option...... I have heard that they are experincing white paint procurement due to interruption from the paint factories in Japan (Tsunami effect)......
Yeah, I heard that too but ibis white and glacier white are available in the Q5 and other models. Go figure....