Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Interested in Q7 TDI

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 06:22 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interested in Q7 TDI

Hi, I was looking into getting a Q7 tdi or maybe a Q5, as both are pretty engaging to drive and get decent fuel economy for their classes, especially the diesel. I was wondering what incentives were available for the Q7 (I'm pretty sure the Q5 has none as it's a new model). I heard about conquest cash but is there anything else that's been put into play? Also, who has had any recent buying experiences with the Q7 TDI? I did a search and didn't find much on buying experiences/current incentives. Thanks!
Old 05-13-2009, 06:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by rocknroll389
Hi, I was looking into getting a Q7 tdi or maybe a Q5, as both are pretty engaging to drive and get decent fuel economy for their classes, especially the diesel. I was wondering what incentives were available for the Q7 (I'm pretty sure the Q5 has none as it's a new model). I heard about conquest cash but is there anything else that's been put into play? Also, who has had any recent buying experiences with the Q7 TDI? I did a search and didn't find much on buying experiences/current incentives. Thanks!
I just purchased a 2009 Q7 TDi. I got the conquest deal. I think if you are trading in another luxury type car, you get $2000 towards your down payment. If you are trading in another Audi, I think you get $3000 towards your down payment. Any other type of car, you get $1000. Also, the dealer gave me first two months payments towards my financing. Also, haggled the dealer and got $2000 off MSRP.
As for leasing, I think its $1000 for your trade in and 1 months payment.

Let me know if you have any other questions about my buying experience.
Old 05-13-2009, 07:18 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by drool6
I just purchased a 2009 Q7 TDi. I got the conquest deal. I think if you are trading in another luxury type car, you get $2000 towards your down payment. If you are trading in another Audi, I think you get $3000 towards your down payment. Any other type of car, you get $1000. Also, the dealer gave me first two months payments towards my financing. Also, haggled the dealer and got $2000 off MSRP.
As for leasing, I think its $1000 for your trade in and 1 months payment.

Let me know if you have any other questions about my buying experience.
Thanks. What was the MSRP on your Q7? I was just starting my search for the Q7 tdi and most of them are more equipped than I would like. The only option I'm really interested is the panoramic sunroof, but many of the ones in stock right now are just a bit beyond my budget. Hopefully, if I wait a little, more less equipped Q7s will come into stock and prices can be negotiated from invoice instead of MSRP. I really like the free S line package on the tdi model however.
Old 05-13-2009, 08:09 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by rocknroll389
Thanks. What was the MSRP on your Q7? I was just starting my search for the Q7 tdi and most of them are more equipped than I would like. The only option I'm really interested is the panoramic sunroof, but many of the ones in stock right now are just a bit beyond my budget. Hopefully, if I wait a little, more less equipped Q7s will come into stock and prices can be negotiated from invoice instead of MSRP. I really like the free S line package on the tdi model however.
The MSRP of my vehicle was about $60000 (includes destination charge). Mine came with the prestige package, Sunroof, and tow hitch.. That's about it.
Old 05-13-2009, 08:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Conquest Deal ?

The MSRP of my vehicle was about $60000 (includes destination charge). Mine came with the prestige package, Sunroof, and tow hitch.. That's about it.
Is "Conquest" an Audi Financing program? I hadn't heard about it. I've been trying to decide on what car to buy, so haven't sat down to negotiate yet. I have 2006 Audi S4 Avant to trade; is the extra cash for Audi trade really additional/separate incentive, or just something that may allow dealer to discount from MSRP more than otherwise? Is it just for 2009 (i.e. existing stock)?

Thanks for any information. Q7 TDI is definitely on my short list.
Old 05-13-2009, 10:00 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by FASTandSLOW
Is "Conquest" an Audi Financing program? I hadn't heard about it. I've been trying to decide on what car to buy, so haven't sat down to negotiate yet. I have 2006 Audi S4 Avant to trade; is the extra cash for Audi trade really additional/separate incentive, or just something that may allow dealer to discount from MSRP more than otherwise? Is it just for 2009 (i.e. existing stock)?

Thanks for any information. Q7 TDI is definitely on my short list.

For your Audi, you get $3000 cash towards your purchase, maybe $2000 for your lease (not sure about the lease part). The $3000 cash is added to your down payment (if any) and I don't think it factors in as a deduction to the MSRP. Audi will pay your first two payments of your finance payments, however, but I am not sure if that is part of the Conquest promotion. When I was dealing with my salesperson, we negotiated the price without factoring the conquest promotion. Other sales people may vary, but I pretty much got Edmunds True Market Value Price ($2500 less than MSRP). Factoring in the Conquest promo ($2000) and the 2 months payment (about $2000), it made my purchase a no-brainer! Total...about $6500 off!

If you are in the market for a Q7, the TDI is amazing. It was between that and the 4.2, and after reading reviews and test driing both, I went with the TDI. Way better pick-up from start, considering this is a 5300lbs beast. You need to test drive it. You won't regret it. As for finding Diesel fuel...that is another issue all together

Let me know if you have any other questions. I haven't actually got my car yet, as it is being delivered to the dealer this weekend, but I did spend a great deal of time test driving all three engine options of the Q7 before I made my decision.
Old 05-13-2009, 03:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

For your Audi, you get $3000 cash towards your purchase, maybe $2000 for your lease (not sure about the lease part). The $3000 cash is added to your down payment (if any) and I don't think it factors in as a deduction to the MSRP. Audi will pay your first two payments of your finance payments, however, but I am not sure if that is part of the Conquest promotion. When I was dealing with my salesperson, we negotiated the price without factoring the conquest promotion. Other sales people may vary, but I pretty much got Edmunds True Market Value Price ($2500 less than MSRP). Factoring in the Conquest promo ($2000) and the 2 months payment (about $2000), it made my purchase a no-brainer! Total...about $6500 off!

If you are in the market for a Q7, the TDI is amazing. It was between that and the 4.2, and after reading reviews and test driing both, I went with the TDI. Way better pick-up from start, considering this is a 5300lbs beast. You need to test drive it. You won't regret it. As for finding Diesel fuel...that is another issue all together

Let me know if you have any other questions. I haven't actually got my car yet, as it is being delivered to the dealer this weekend, but I did spend a great deal of time test driving all three engine options of the Q7 before I made my decision.
Thanks for the info. I have driven the Q7 TDI, and I like it a lot. If I decided to get Q7, I was inclined to order a 2010 model with new NAV/MMI, but the promotion you've described may change my mind - I guess that's the idea of a promotion, LOL. Maybe I need to go see what I can do.

Thanks again. Good luck with your new car.
Old 05-13-2009, 07:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by FASTandSLOW
Thanks for the info. I have driven the Q7 TDI, and I like it a lot. If I decided to get Q7, I was inclined to order a 2010 model with new NAV/MMI, but the promotion you've described may change my mind - I guess that's the idea of a promotion, LOL. Maybe I need to go see what I can do.

Thanks again. Good luck with your new car.
No problem. I kinda wanted to wait for the new MMI as well, but I kinda didn't like the LEDs in the headlight housing. I think it was too much of an overkill. I would have preferred it if it was like the new A6 LEDs. Other than that, no other major changes. If and when you do get one, you probably wouldn't regret it. Good uck with your future purchase!
Old 05-14-2009, 04:38 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Congrats. Hope you are enjoying it. Dont forget its TDI when you get to the pumps;-)
Old 05-14-2009, 07:38 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Jusforfun
Congrats. Hope you are enjoying it. Dont forget its TDI when you get to the pumps;-)
Thanks. The large words around the gas cap that say diesel should hopefully remind me!!

Quick Reply: Interested in Q7 TDI