Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

iTunes Match and the Audi MMI

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 03:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default iTunes Match and the Audi MMI

I've been beta testing the new iTunes Match service on my iPhone. It's finally working well and should be released in the next week or so...

Just wanted to report how it works when your iPhone is connected to the Audi MMI

When you mount the device to an Audi MMI system will only see the tracks that are on the device. I was hoping that it would show my entire library that is available in the cloud, and when i selected a track on the Audi screen it would have the device pull the track from the cloud.

Additionally. All your Playlists from the cloud are displayed in the Playlists folder on the car screen, but those playlists will only contain the tracks that are on the device.

Not what i was hoping for, but now that iOS 5 allows App streaming (Pandora, Last.fm, Rdio) i'm not so concerned -- i now have access to pretty much any track my heart desires while driving with this amazing device.

Just letting you know.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Any update on the iTunes Match for the audi mmi?
Old 04-20-2012, 06:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

There seems to be no way for the Audi to your entire iTunes Match library - only the tracks that are physically on the phone. I would assume that Audi would have to update the software to see all tracks - or maybe Apple would have to make adjustments -- most likely, it has to be Audi.
Old 05-31-2012, 07:51 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by jfischetti
There seems to be no way for the Audi to your entire iTunes Match library - only the tracks that are physically on the phone. I would assume that Audi would have to update the software to see all tracks - or maybe Apple would have to make adjustments -- most likely, it has to be Audi.
Sadly still the same for me - any update from anywhere else? This pretty much the only reason I cancelled spotify and went to iTunes match - this is a stop gap for me, so long as I prepare then the music is there, but I was really hoping for it to 'stupidly' display all match tracks and then download on demand for anything that I played that wasn't on the device.

Here's hoping for some kind of update
Old 05-31-2012, 08:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

most likely the update would have to come from Audi to understand iTunes Match. Looking at the past history of Audi MMI updates, we probably will never see an update from Audi.
Old 10-15-2012, 01:18 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hello,

I have trouble finding out which songs are shown on on the Audi Music Interface when iTunes Match is being used (iOS 6)

The phone has been restored from backup, and previously did not use iTunes Match, so most of the songs that are shown in my Menu appear to be songs that I had synced beafore iTunes Match.

Also, all songs I buy with the phone appear in the car menu.

However, when I download a song manually, either by playing or by selecting to download the whole album, the song does not appear in the car menu

Can anyone help to resolve this riddle? Is this Apple's issue, or Audi's ?