Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Kufatec comfort hatch install help needed

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 06:25 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kufatec comfort hatch install help needed

I received the module as a Christmas gift and can't get it to work. I wired as instructed on their roughly translated PDF. Did a search and found this page. http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/q3-q5-q...q7-2011-a.html
Contacted Kufatec and they suggested reversing CAN high and CAN low. Did that. I hold the interior door button or double press remote unlock(gives a rapid blinking light as if error) and nothing happens.
Anyone successfully install and how, Please!!!
Old 01-23-2012, 05:31 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

AudiWorld tech article MY2007 Note the colour codes varied even back then.
Holding the interior door button does nothing! press lock or unlock on fob two times. It should close. If you press them too quick or too short nothing happens. Just press it at the speed it takes you to say (in a normal voice) "one two".
Kufatec Discussion
Kufatec Fail to work discussion
Old 01-03-2016, 10:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just bringing this back up to thank mksap11 for the original write up of this mod. I just put one in yesterday (2011 Q7 TDI) and the steps are still the same. Between the Kufatec instructions and the added details and pictures from mksap11 it was an easy install.

The latest version of the module looks a little different, but is still roughly the same size. One annoying thing to note is that all of the wires from the Kufatec module were light gray! At first I was worried, like WTF. But upon closer inspection they're each labeled with printing on the wire to indicate what they're for. The wires are small though and you'll need good light to actually read what's printed on them, but I was able to sort it all out successfully. In the end, probably a better approach than using colours since they're now more precisely labeled.

Also to note, the inside button does function to close the hatch. Don't know if that's an update to the module, or the operation is just a little fussy. What I noticed is that you have to do the one-two press fairly deliberately (too quickly won't register properly) and then wait a few seconds for it to run the command. If you press the door button or fob button again too quickly it will interrupt itself and not do anything. When you get it right, the hatch will close but it doesn't close right away, seems to need a few seconds to run its' cycle.