Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Leather seat cracks?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 06:23 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leather seat cracks?

I had an issue with my passenger seat developing fine cracks in the leather grain a little over a year ago. I at first thought it might be something my wife had put on the seat as they were very sharp short cuts in a front to back orientation along the outer flat section of leather on the seat bottom. The dealer replaced the passenger seat bottom under warranty in 3/11. Today I noticed my driver seat is doing the same thing in the same panel of leather. I am now in CPO warranty and will try to get it replaced since I have a history of it before. As an aside I clean/condition the leather monthly and the car is garaged most the time.

Is anyone else having this type of issue?
Old 09-25-2012, 04:29 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I just discovered a small crack in front driver seat last weekend. Just have not had time to bring it in. The 1 inch crack is toward the door side of the seat from front to back also.
Old 09-25-2012, 11:24 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by KBLOVE
I just discovered a small crack in front driver seat last weekend. Just have not had time to bring it in. The 1 inch crack is toward the door side of the seat from front to back also.
Is yours on the flat part or the side of the bottom cushion? As a picture is worth a thousand words:
Attached Images  
Old 09-25-2012, 11:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default crack

well, the side panel on seating surface is vinil not leather. I had the same issue on tan interior. Cost me $250 to fix at local shop who specialize on custom seats. They matched materials almost perfectly and I was very pleased with the quality. Just google leather seat repare in your area and you will fine a few guys for sure.
Old 09-25-2012, 02:25 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by chatterbox
well, the side panel on seating surface is vinil not leather. I had the same issue on tan interior. Cost me $250 to fix at local shop who specialize on custom seats. They matched materials almost perfectly and I was very pleased with the quality. Just google leather seat repair in your area and you will fine a few guys for sure.
The cracked panel in my photo is vinyl? I thought only the vertical surface around the edge was vinyl?
Old 09-25-2012, 02:58 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

on mine it is vinil. we both have 2007 model year, so I assume yours is the same... Well, it is easy to check...
Old 09-25-2012, 04:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

You guys jinked me I checked and just noticed a small crack on the driver's side seat exactly in the same region on my 07. I'll probably not do anything as I plan to replace my 07 shortly.
Old 09-25-2012, 04:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

No picture (will try to get one tomorrow) but it is on the side.

Originally Posted by chickdr
Is yours on the flat part or the side of the bottom cushion? As a picture is worth a thousand words:
Old 09-25-2012, 04:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had cracks in my leather part of the seat and the dealer replaced it under the 4th year of the original warrantee. had the AUdi guy that comes in every so often to check on things like that. he said replace without even thinking about it so maybe there is a problem.
Old 09-25-2012, 05:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

"before"...

Quick Reply: Leather seat cracks?