Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Looking for an opinion on some Q7 options

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 08:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Think about the ACC (adaptive cruise control) too.
Old 02-08-2008, 01:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: answers for me: sunroof is hot in summer, 4 zone is great, side assist

IMO:
ACC = well worth it. Great on the motorway
Side Assist = more use than you'd think - really useful when joining a motorway.
4 zone = will be very useful for the dogs in the back. The option includes vents in the C-pilllars facing the 3rd row.
6-seat = suits us as no semi-useless centre seat, instead a useful centre stowage, and 2 seats just like the front two.
Keyless Go = every car should have it.
Old 02-10-2008, 05:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: answers for me: sunroof is hot in summer, 4 zone is great, side assist

When we got ours, Audi still had some logic gaps in their pricing.. you could get a 4.2 (non-premium) and end up with the bigger engine with many of the options we wanted added to the 3.6 premium, for almost the same price.. Now, they make it a little more difficult..

Side Assist is great

The Parking camera is essential - it's a long vehicle and it makes getting into tight spaces pretty easy.

I would have regretted not having the nav.

Sunroof is great and through last summer, never bothered us, although the car never went south.

There used to be a difference in the center console from 3.6 base to premium, where one was much less usable. Maybe they've changed - but look on a lot at the center console and make sure you like the one in the model you are getting.

Keyless go is so great.

Automatic lift gate is nice, but not essential.

The culture at car dealers are so different from one to another, and my experiences aren't going to match up with yours, but I'm on my 3rd and last Acura, and very sick and tired of our local dealer. By contrast, the Audi dealer is fantastic locally, and it sounds like your dealer is giving you a car to demo for a weekend - which is great. Don't discount the value there. When we got the Q7, we tested a MDX and really didn't see much comparison - except for it being less expensive for a full set of options - where with the Audi you have to a-la-carte out the options you want. (we scrimpted on air suspension and the adaptive cruise)
Old 02-10-2008, 05:01 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Mcqueen, you bring up a great point about the value in the dealer providing me with a loaner Q7. While I understand that the salesperson and general manager has a goal of selling me a vehicle, this has been a very low pressure experience. The salesperson has been very responsive to my questions and concerns. We are leaning towards getting the Q7 but still in the undecided column. Yes the MDX is attractive due to the price (buy price of $45k for a sport/end model). While an overall good vehicle, I just have a preference for German built vehicles. I like the ride qualities, elegant design and functional interior. The key factor will be whether my wife feels comfortable driving the Q7. This will be her vehicle which I drive during the weekends and vacations.

Regards,
NHman
Old 04-01-2008, 05:26 AM

Default Re: 3.6 is more then adequate

"You might want to try Audi of Westwood, which was originally Clair Audi. They just got bought by Prime Motor group from where I live, and the owners of the franchise are great people!"

I don't know about that...

I DO know that I am having a problem with service that I recieved on my 2000 A6 Avant. The technician that worked on the car broke a peice of the rear hatch trim (where the hazard reflector is stored). Initially, the service consultant admitted that they broke a "plastic cover" and would order the part and replace it. After I noticed it had not been fixed, he claimed that he damaged and replaced "another plastic cover," but that he would order this part too. After two months went by and I didn't hear from then I called back to learn that their story changed. They now claim that the technician did not break this part, nor would they replace the part.

I've sent a letter to the general manager, and CCed Audi service USA. I will let you know when this is resolved.

Ed