Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Loyalty Incentive Gap

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 03:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by arkbbq
My dealer says that AoA makes the loyalty rebate available only for cars he can mark "sold" (or leased) - that he can't promise it to me while I'm waiting on delivery. His response to my concern about the current loyalty program ending 1/3/11 is that it is very likely that a new program will then start up. Is this consistent with the experience of others?
The gap you are trying to close sounds a bit reverse to mine. In my case, the new car was delivered well within the rebate period. As far as a new loyalty program, when I ordered my 2011 back in June, the then current loyalty program ended before the new car delivery. But a new comparable program started.
Old 11-18-2010, 04:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Easy money

I ordered my 2011 Q7 Prestige TDI in June. Just picked it up about 2 months ago. LOVE IT!!!.. I may be biased since I am a former A4, A8, A6, and current 3.2 TT Q owner. Also own a 03 Porsche TT. Was looking at the VW TDI and went with the Audi because of the owner loyalty... 2 K plus the dealer tossed in the Audi Care package. Fully loaded I paid 62K out the door... Using it for DD and to tow my 03 Twin Turbo to the track
Old 11-22-2010, 05:33 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by aircavscout
. . .and went with the Audi because of the owner loyalty...
And this is precisely why I'd feel peeved if I ended up not getting the rebate. A major impetus to my starting the search for a new car now--instead of next year--was the rebate.

The payment of rebates has definitely gotten tougher lately. I've found manufacturers keen to find technicalities with bar codes or receipts and expiry dates or postage dates so as not to have to pay.

Of course, this is the first time I've seen a rebate where it's not enough to have ordered the item before the cut off date... you also have to have the merchandise arrive before that date!
Old 11-24-2010, 01:45 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

when in the negotiating process did you mention the loyalty rebate? I havent as of yet and we are getting close on terms for the Q7 Im looking at. Once we agree on the price I figure I can then mention the $2K rebate and $500 ACNA discount and be good to go. it doesnt hurt their bottom line in anyway is the way I look at it.
Old 11-28-2010, 05:17 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PARealtor
when in the negotiating process did you mention the loyalty rebate? I havent as of yet and we are getting close on terms for the Q7 Im looking at. Once we agree on the price I figure I can then mention the $2K rebate and $500 ACNA discount and be good to go. it doesnt hurt their bottom line in anyway is the way I look at it.
Sure... good point. And the ACNA rebate (like you say) doesn't affect their final profit. Somewhat like the GMAC credit card rebate for GM buyers... it's a cash amount coming directly from GM.

As for the Audi rebate, this comes back to the dealer after it's been applied for by the dealer. Looking at the rebate form, I see the dealer puts in the VIN number of the new car, and the VIN from the customer's vehicle. The dealer could get the cash for him/herself if they forge the customer's signature, but short of doing that, the dealer has nothing to lose by giving the customer the rebate.