Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

MMI with Reverse Camera, but no Nav

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 05:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default MMI with Reverse Camera, but no Nav

Hi all,
I've just bought a 2007 Q7 TDI (my first Audi) that's optioned with the OEM reverse camera with the on-screen parking guide lines.

When I hit the "NAV" button on the MMI console, it shows a message that "Nav not installed".

I've been reading some confusing reports about exactly what capabilities my unit has, but I *thought* that the Reverse Camera and Nav were a bundled option. i.e. you couldn't get one without the other.

The car also has the Phone and Bluetooth options. There's a phone cradle under the centre arm-rest. From what I can tell, the vehicle does not have the AMI option installed.

Ideally, I'd like to get two things working:
1) In-dash Sat Nav (retrofit or otherwise).
2) Have A2DP Bluetooth audio through the car stereo (considering Dension Gateway 500 + BT option for this).

Can anyone tell me what sort of MMI unit I actually have please?

Cheers,
Tim
Old 06-30-2011, 07:06 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome TimU. The 07 Nav is via a DVD in its own drive unit under rear floor. As you dont have it you probably need the shark-fin antenna fitting too plus a bit of VAGging.
YOu have High MMI and as you have the back-up camera then you probably have the high head end video unit as well. You can have one without the other but either gives you the higher spec video unit.
Look on Kufatec.
The Australian options are more like the British or EU options than the US or Canada.
Dension is plug and play, quality excellent (If you get the version with Aux in you may be able to add NAV or video through it). It just interrupts the MOST circuit. The system just lists it as more and more CDs with IIRC about 29 tracks each. Track 30 bops you onto what MMI sees as the next CD.
In the 07 model the AMI is in the centre arm rest occupying most of it. Lift the big section and it tilts up with it.
Old 06-30-2011, 08:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Hi Tim
If you want to have factory nav is your car contact this guy
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Genuine-A...#ht_977wt_1139

have used him personally with no problems what so ever.

Cheers
Leon

Originally Posted by TimU
Hi all,
I've just bought a 2007 Q7 TDI (my first Audi) that's optioned with the OEM reverse camera with the on-screen parking guide lines.

When I hit the "NAV" button on the MMI console, it shows a message that "Nav not installed".

I've been reading some confusing reports about exactly what capabilities my unit has, but I *thought* that the Reverse Camera and Nav were a bundled option. i.e. you couldn't get one without the other.

The car also has the Phone and Bluetooth options. There's a phone cradle under the centre arm-rest. From what I can tell, the vehicle does not have the AMI option installed.

Ideally, I'd like to get two things working:
1) In-dash Sat Nav (retrofit or otherwise).
2) Have A2DP Bluetooth audio through the car stereo (considering Dension Gateway 500 + BT option for this).

Can anyone tell me what sort of MMI unit I actually have please?

Cheers,
Tim
Old 06-30-2011, 10:05 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

@Jusforfun
Thanks for the run-down. I'll double-check that there's no Nav DVD or AMI options before I drop some cash, but they're not shown on the original factory delivery options list.

@xlr8it
Thanks for the link! That's bloody brilliant! What'd the installation cost you, or did you do it yourself?

I've also heard mixed reviews of the Nav Software/Maps. Are the newer versions of the software/maps a) compatible, and b) any better?

Tim
Old 07-01-2011, 12:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

PM sent