Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

My dealership has just closed its doors - what will happen with my order?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 06:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My dealership has just closed its doors - what will happen with my order?

Just what I needed. After waiting 3 months and the car due in port in a week, my dealership has just closed. Any suggested contacts at Audi USA that i can find out what is happening with it? Supposed to be a new owner taking over but nothing public yet.
Old 02-13-2011, 09:55 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by scotskier
Just what I needed. After waiting 3 months and the car due in port in a week, my dealership has just closed. Any suggested contacts at Audi USA that i can find out what is happening with it? Supposed to be a new owner taking over but nothing public yet.
I would just call AOA - or another dealership. Your car should be still slotted for you but your deposit will have to be handled by AOA in my opinion as they will have to step up to the plate.
Old 02-13-2011, 10:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yes, I second that... contact AOA and another dealer in your area.

Also curious about an a closing Audi dealership... did they only sell Audis? What town was it in? (If you don't mind sharing.)
Old 02-13-2011, 10:46 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by arU4ic

Also curious about an a closing Audi dealership... did they only sell Audis? What town was it in? (If you don't mind sharing.)
And Your salesman did not contact you before they closed. Sounds kinda fishy. Do you have any paperwork showing your order and deposit. Your q has to go somewhere. Like the others said contact aoa so they can put a hold on your car and arrange to buy it from another dealer.
Old 02-14-2011, 04:19 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

so its not closed.. just sold to a new owner? I would imagine your vehicle will be arriving at the same dealership then. just new name.
Old 02-14-2011, 04:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by PARealtor
so its not closed.. just sold to a new owner? I would imagine your vehicle will be arriving at the same dealership then. just new name.
Nope, wouldn't be an issue if that was the case. New owners, if they appear, have not acquired as a going concern.
Old 02-14-2011, 04:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by arU4ic

Yup, Audi only, the Northern Nevada dealership. Ironic, they only took the franchise over last year
Old 02-14-2011, 05:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by JBDinTX
And Your salesman did not contact you before they closed. Sounds kinda fishy. Do you have any paperwork showing your order and deposit. Your q has to go somewhere. Like the others said contact aoa so they can put a hold on your car and arrange to buy it from another dealer.
Nothing particularly fishy, dealerships go belly up on a pretty regular basis. I have known for a few weeks that they were trying to sell as I was working through the GM. Problem is that at that stage there was no option but to hold out and see what materializes since they were still trading. Be interesting to see what AoA will do since, although my contract is with the dealer, you still expect them to have proper controls in place over their franchises to avoid this type of occurrence
Old 02-14-2011, 05:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts

If you have a purchase and sale document citing your deposit you have some legal protection. Most likely another dealer will accommodate, as will AoA as they always want unit sales.
Old 02-14-2011, 05:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I can't believe you will experience any issues with this whatsoever. I agree with the previous poster who said the new owers will simply deliver your car. If the dealer is delayed in opening, AoA would likely have the dealer of your choice handle delivery. I assume you have contract with the price details finalized?