Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

My Q7 has finally arrived!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 04:41 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just had a quick look through the new US 2011 brochure... can't see that the sports seats are available over there... either as standard in any package, or as option... or am I missing something?
Old 08-12-2010, 11:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

First, Aggie88, hahahahaha... I've always wanted to try the emergency slide too. That guy is a hero.

Adriangroom, yeah, it is better now. The 2008 S-line sport package sucks, the S-line options are definitely better now in 2011. But the same lame seats? Have the AUDI designers actually sat in them them? Maybe try to compare them, at least a little. I saw a friend's Subaru today and they were way better. Even Chevy (yes Chevrolet) has better seats in the Tahoe/ Suburban.

I love the new Audis, I really do, but I still contend that we are getting ripped off in ways AUDI thinks are small, but when you spend 60k+ on a car, the small things are much, much larger in importance.

WEAK.

(Sorry I hijacked this thread, I'll start a new one on this topic.)
Old 08-13-2010, 04:47 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

I think the seats are fine for a $60K car. Sure in a perfect world you would be able to have every little cool thing that they may sell in european versions but thats not the case. And you shouldnt blame audi for that, blame the stupid restrictions in place by our nanny state government

Originally Posted by arU4ic
First, Aggie88, hahahahaha... I've always wanted to try the emergency slide too. That guy is a hero.

Adriangroom, yeah, it is better now. The 2008 S-line sport package sucks, the S-line options are definitely better now in 2011. But the same lame seats? Have the AUDI designers actually sat in them them? Maybe try to compare them, at least a little. I saw a friend's Subaru today and they were way better. Even Chevy (yes Chevrolet) has better seats in the Tahoe/ Suburban.

I love the new Audis, I really do, but I still contend that we are getting ripped off in ways AUDI thinks are small, but when you spend 60k+ on a car, the small things are much, much larger in importance.

WEAK.

(Sorry I hijacked this thread, I'll start a new one on this topic.)
Old 08-13-2010, 07:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's a business decision. Mfrs have to price their products to be competitive with their close competitors. The Q7 is priced just below comparably equipped X5s and GLs. There is a reason why that is. Overseas, the markets are different. But I do wish they could at least make the overseas options available as standalone add-on options.
Old 08-13-2010, 05:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Aggie88
Either that or grab a couple of beers and pop open an emergency exit slide.
Love that one!! If only every job was that easy....

jojoba-

Love that Q!!! And man that alcantera is nice!!!

And yes, I am jealous too!!
Old 08-13-2010, 09:39 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Its probably a little of both, US regs and Audi business decisions. The Allroad and A1 are examples of business decisions. I think manufacturing even comes in to play at times.

Maybe we could get an AOA rep to help explain it on this forum? (Ha!)
Old 08-22-2010, 04:30 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jojoba...

I would like to see some interior pictures with Ambient Lightning On, when the sky starts to get dark and also interior pictures with Lights turned ON in DASHBOARD, I wanna see that Red Dashboard Shining... If it is possible for you.

Thanx.
Old 08-22-2010, 09:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 90 Likes on 81 Posts

Yes, those seats are nice looking, but the current ones in mine are extremely comfortable on long trips. We (me & my wife) were talking about the seats on our last trip to OC (445miles) a few weeks ago. Some sports seats may look good, but it may not give us the right supports.
We'll be taking a trip to Bellagio next weekend, this will definitely need the comfortable seats.
The new Q7 do look nice, tempting to upgrade next year when the lease is over. $30k extra for leds, diesel or smaller engine, painted lower valance... debatable for practicality... We'll see. The kids "we love the big one daddy, don't ever sell it, I want a blue one when I grew up, I want a pink one when I grew up... well, you'll get this old silver one if you're not a doctor, hedge fund manager, lawyer or successful start-up company engineer... when you grew up :-) we said.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ihxqc5XlSs

Beautiful car...

Louis

Last edited by ltooz_a6_a8_q7; 08-22-2010 at 09:29 AM.