Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

New 2012 Audi Q7 3.0 TFSIŽ S line Prestige

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 05:31 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gilsons1
I meant discontinued!

WOW, my salesman did not tell me that the ibis white was discontinued. He told me I can order either white color. Glad I went with the glacier white because if my salesman is wrong, it would have delayed my order even longer.

Does anyone know if there are any changes with the 2012 models. Website is still showing 2011 but I've heard that the 20" Sline Presitige wheels have changed. I'm curious if there are new exterior and interior color options.

Also, I really like the black wheel arches but you can only get that with the S-Line package and 21" wheels. Since I'm ordering the truck and its being built, can I get the wheel arches added without getting the S-line package? I really don't like the black interior with the brush aluminum inlays.
Old 12-06-2011, 01:44 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Black_Phantom

Also, I really like the black wheel arches but you can only get that with the S-Line package and 21" wheels. Since I'm ordering the truck and its being built, can I get the wheel arches added without getting the S-line package? I really don't like the black interior with the brush aluminum inlays.
The car can only come from the factory if you order the S-line package I believe. But I was told you can buy those trim pieces from an vendor and DIY, if you want those trim pieces on the wheel arches.
Old 12-08-2011, 10:56 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by warzilla
The car can only come from the factory if you order the S-line package I believe. But I was told you can buy those trim pieces from an vendor and DIY, if you want those trim pieces on the wheel arches.
Thanks Warzilla, now the search for the vendor
Old 12-08-2011, 01:52 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Black_Phantom
Thanks Warzilla, now the search for the vendor
Just got a call from my salesman that I can not get the tow package because I already have the running boards?? I had to choose one or the other. What kind of poor German engineering is this?
Old 12-09-2011, 05:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Do not get the running boards! They are awful. I have owned several Q7's. Only 1 had the running boards and I disliked them. I cannot tell you how many times I had hit my ankle exiting. Plus, in the winter, its a guarantee that you dirty your clothes either entering or exiting the vehicle. In my opinion, the Q7 is not high enough to warrant them. They are truly an appearance item with very little functionality.
Old 12-09-2011, 12:46 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by pm203
Do not get the running boards! They are awful. I have owned several Q7's. Only 1 had the running boards and I disliked them. I cannot tell you how many times I had hit my ankle exiting. Plus, in the winter, its a guarantee that you dirty your clothes either entering or exiting the vehicle. In my opinion, the Q7 is not high enough to warrant them. They are truly an appearance item with very little functionality.
Thank you for your insight on the running boards. The truck is primarily for my wife who is not that tall. Plus, we are expecting a baby soon and I think it will help loading and unloading the baby's car seat.
Old 12-10-2011, 07:34 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by pm203
The q7 looks incomplete without them to my eyes, but yeah I'm not disagreeing with you on functionality
Old 12-12-2011, 07:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by the mullah
The q7 looks incomplete without them to my eyes, but yeah I'm not disagreeing with you on functionality
I agree with you. I think every SUV should have the running boards IMO.
Old 12-12-2011, 08:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Some SUV OEM running boards look better then others, on the X5 we had the OEM running board look really good, but on the Q7 it does not, maybe because there is a big gap between the running board and the rocker panel ?????