Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

New Aussie Q7 owner

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 12:45 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Aussie Q7 owner

Thought I had better say G'day to all on the forum here after lurking for a while. I finally took the plunge and bought a 3.0TD Q7. I traded in my Holden Commodore SSV 6ltr Wagon (Pontiac G8) on this car. Loving the car, but I don't think I'll get over missing the sound and power of the V8 Wagon. That said I have nothing to complain about with this Q7 other than the brake dust (really fussy with the way my wheels look). I find myself cleaning them after every second day of driving.

We do it a bit different here Down Under and we don't get the ranges of Q7 like in the States (Premium / Premium + etc). We just get an array of extras that Mr Audi will gladly make us pay a princely sum for. Bought mine off the lot with MMI Navigation, Xenon Lights, High Beam Assist, S-Line Package, Tow Bar, all the cameras & Keyless Entry / Start. Finding a Q7 with the Bose fitted on a car as dealer stock is pretty hard as well. Paid just over $90,000 for her which is quite good considering the sticker price was just under $120,000!

Joined up for Audi Corporate program which gives me free road side assistance and free servicing for 3 years or 45,00km.
Attached Images    
Old 06-25-2013, 12:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get some Hawk ceramic brake pads and the dust problem is gone.Had mine on the car for almost 2 years now and they are great.
Old 06-25-2013, 04:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default +1 for Hawk ceramics

Originally Posted by xlr8it
Get some Hawk ceramic brake pads and the dust problem is gone.Had mine on the car for almost 2 years now and they are great.

"The following errors occurred with your submission:
The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 1 characters."

(This message brought to you by the Forum Federales.)

-ark
Old 06-26-2013, 01:26 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Andrew Watson
Thought I had better say G'day to all on the forum here after lurking for a while. I finally took the plunge and bought a 3.0TD Q7. I traded in my Holden Commodore SSV 6ltr Wagon (Pontiac G8) on this car. Loving the car, but I don't think I'll get over missing the sound and power of the V8 Wagon. That said I have nothing to complain about with this Q7 other than the brake dust (really fussy with the way my wheels look). I find myself cleaning them after every second day of driving.

We do it a bit different here Down Under and we don't get the ranges of Q7 like in the States (Premium / Premium + etc). We just get an array of extras that Mr Audi will gladly make us pay a princely sum for. Bought mine off the lot with MMI Navigation, Xenon Lights, High Beam Assist, S-Line Package, Tow Bar, all the cameras & Keyless Entry / Start. Finding a Q7 with the Bose fitted on a car as dealer stock is pretty hard as well. Paid just over $90,000 for her which is quite good considering the sticker price was just under $120,000!

Joined up for Audi Corporate program which gives me free road side assistance and free servicing for 3 years or 45,00km.
Hi Andrew
Congratulations on your new purchase of the Q7. Is that the lava grey color you have? I am looking for a new Q7 too. Have an eye on the Atlantis Blue. Which dealer did you approach for your purchase? I'm eligible for the corporate program too. Some negotiating tips would be helpful.

Thanks in advance Andrew.
Old 06-26-2013, 04:31 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Jais,

Correct Lava Grey is the colour. I purchased it from the Audi Centre in Orange. It was purchased as a 'demonstrator' with 27km on the clock. Can't complain about the service from these guys as I did everything by email and phone. Didn't really have a hope in hell of haggling as it was a 'demonstrator'. I did the shopping on CarSales and when I found one (demonstrator) that Audi Parramatta had (closer to home) and the sales guy said don't worry about the price we can haggle that tomorrow. Tomorrow came and he was point blankly refusing to come down in price even when shown the Audi Orange price for the better specified car with 6k less on the clock I called Orange and bought it from them (hadn't even driven one yet!)

Just do lots of research on CarSales and see what the dealers are offering for in stock cars.

Regards

Andrew
Old 06-29-2013, 02:44 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hi Andrew,

Glad to see another AU user! I have just (i.e. <6 hours ago) bought my first Audi and it is also a Q7.. dont get it for another few days yet which is going to be painful!

Odd question, but is yours a 2013, or 2013?

Cheers

Chris
Old 06-30-2013, 03:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Suff,

My car is a MY13 but complianced in November 2012 so it is a considered a 2012 model but sold in 2013.

Regards

Andrew
Old 07-04-2013, 04:01 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

hi Andrew. the car looks great in lava grey.just wondering how are you going with keeping it clean. also have you been towing with it, if so how does it go. i am looking to buy a Q7. we have a caravan (2800kg total).we do not have a need for a 4x4 (land cruiser) but we need something that has 7 seats and tows over 3000kg. wfe doesnt like the look of the disco 4. so that leaves a limited selection. happily the Q7 is right up there.being in adelaide there is only 1 dealer so i might have to look interstate.
Old 07-04-2013, 08:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by mirage350
hi Andrew. the car looks great in lava grey.just wondering how are you going with keeping it clean. also have you been towing with it, if so how does it go. i am looking to buy a Q7. we have a caravan (2800kg total).we do not have a need for a 4x4 (land cruiser) but we need something that has 7 seats and tows over 3000kg. wfe doesnt like the look of the disco 4. so that leaves a limited selection. happily the Q7 is right up there.being in adelaide there is only 1 dealer so i might have to look interstate.
Hey mate,

Keeping it clean isn't to bad I just have to get used a tall car again the grill is a bit of an issue with all those holes making it a bit fiddly to dry off. Biggest issues issue is the brake dust but I know you can just slip in different pads and this will greatly reduce the amount of dust. I haven't had the opportunity to tow with it yet but the heaviest I would most likely ever tow would be a Quad & Dirt Bike. I haven't heard of any issues when towing on other Q7 forums either but they might be out there. I'm with your wife on the Disco but I do like the RR Sports but they are too small and my wife didn't like the big ML Merc either. Only really left with the Q7 for choice.
Old 07-04-2013, 09:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Andrew Watson
Paid just over $90,000 for her which is quite good considering the sticker price was just under $120,000!
After all that, you've still got the steering wheel installed on the "wrong" side.
Enjoy your ride mate.

Quick Reply: New Aussie Q7 owner