Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

New-to-Me 2007 Q7 4.2

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 07:55 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New-to-Me 2007 Q7 4.2

Hi, everyone,

I'm new to the forum. I picked-up my slightly used CPO Q7 4.2 on 12/31. I love it.

The attached photo isn't of the car I bought - it's off the internet. I'll post a true photo of my Q as soon as possible. But, my Q is the same color and has the same rims as the one shown.

I have a few newbie questions:

- What's an avg. price for a used nav system - mine didn't come with one.
- Avg price for a used luggage/roof rack?
- Who sells a cargo bay mat that's good for the Q7?
- Does anyone have electronic copies of the shop manuals for the Q7 4.2?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Bob
Attached Images  
Old 01-02-2010, 08:15 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Great looking ride! I'm also new to the forum as I have a dealer friend of mine starting the search for a 2008 Q7 for me....I'm trying to learn as much as I can about them and one my first moves will be installing a rear entertainment system. I've already found some good info in the short time I've been on the forum.

I look forward to seeing your pics one you have them.
Old 01-02-2010, 08:20 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks! I just saw a pretty good weathertech package of mats for $350. No luck yet on the roof rack or nav system search.

This seems like a great site. I'm a Rennlist/Porsche guy, and it's nice to have a great resource for my Audi obsession too.

Bob

Originally Posted by stinkmuffin
Great looking ride! I'm also new to the forum as I have a dealer friend of mine starting the search for a 2008 Q7 for me....I'm trying to learn as much as I can about them and one my first moves will be installing a rear entertainment system. I've already found some good info in the short time I've been on the forum.

I look forward to seeing your pics one you have them.
Old 01-02-2010, 08:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice ride !! I'm also new to the site.
Old 01-02-2010, 08:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome rotokim from a fellow rennlister on the 993 forum. I just picked up 07 Q7 in Condor gray/ black on the 15th of December as well. I went with the Audi all weather mats as they lock into the factory tabs on the floor. They fit great and have a nice rugged look to them. I also got the rear deck mat that was designed to fit when the third row is folded flat. As far as a nav retrofit, I believe it can be done but is prohibitively expensive. You're probably looking at somewhere in the $3-4000 range.
Old 01-02-2010, 09:18 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for the info, and congratulations on your Q7!

I really like the mat attributes you mentioned. I'll check them out.

As for the nav system, it isn't a must. The hardware is $2800. If I can find a used one for a lot less, I'll do it. Otherwise, my $150 GPS device will do just fine; or my cell phone.

Bob

Originally Posted by pchansen
Welcome rotokim from a fellow rennlister on the 993 forum. I just picked up 07 Q7 in Condor gray/ black on the 15th of December as well. I went with the Audi all weather mats as they lock into the factory tabs on the floor. They fit great and have a nice rugged look to them. I also got the rear deck mat that was designed to fit when the third row is folded flat. As far as a nav retrofit, I believe it can be done but is prohibitively expensive. You're probably looking at somewhere in the $3-4000 range.
Old 01-03-2010, 05:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome all. That pic is actually the car of FikseGTS, another forum member.
Old 01-04-2010, 04:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pchansen
Hi Paul,

I will love to see pictures of the rear deck mat that was designed to fit when the third row is folded flat.I'm in the market for one.

Thanks,

Mario
Old 01-04-2010, 04:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Honestly my Garmin Nuvi 765t is a better navi than the one in the Q.
Old 01-04-2010, 12:15 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by 98a6quattro
Honestly my Garmin Nuvi 765t is a better navi than the one in the Q.
I'm not surprised - I'm going to buy a new GPS, and I'll bet that it will give me lots of flexibility and features for less than $3000-$4000.

Sadly, it will still bug me that I can't integrate the GPS function into the screen that I have in the Q.

C'est la vie!

Bob

Quick Reply: New-to-Me 2007 Q7 4.2