Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

New to us 07 Q7 Prestige V6 for the wife

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 01:05 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to us 07 Q7 Prestige V6 for the wife

Drove from Ft. Lauderdale up to Tampa to pick him up. Has every option but Ipod AMI Which I may retrofit later. So far it's been pretty nice apart from a few hiccups. The mirrors didn't work on the test drive (which was fixed ASAP ) and there's a weird shudder from rear drives side wheel, which we got in writing that they would take care of it if it persists ( they claimed the tyre is flat spotted from it sitting on the lot).

Also on the drive back from Tampa, my wife calls me while I'm in the rental and tells me, she got a warning from the tyre pressure sensor. We stopped at a gas station right before hitting Alligator Alley and low and behold the passenger rear tyre had air rushing out of it :O I bought a tyre plug from the gas station and was able to plug the puncture. Then I fell in love again with this car because of the compressor it comes with, we were back on the road in 30 mins again

Other than those few things, the car is perfect!!! I still can't believe we found one with the brown espresso leather without the captain seats in the 2nd row and also with the off road package on the exterior with a hitch...

Old 11-29-2010, 01:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

That is indeed a nice ride and a great find. I also like that middle row seating - had two adults and a car seat/toddler in that row a lot last week over the holiday and everyone was comfy.

You can check the glove box or center console to see if the hookup for the iPod adapter is there - I am not sure if this was even available on '07s but I recall reading here that some Q7s that have AMI or MMI have the hookup but just the cable itself isn't present, which is an easy fix.
Old 11-29-2010, 03:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by kristatos
That is indeed a nice ride and a great find. I also like that middle row seating - had two adults and a car seat/toddler in that row a lot last week over the holiday and everyone was comfy.

You can check the glove box or center console to see if the hookup for the iPod adapter is there - I am not sure if this was even available on '07s but I recall reading here that some Q7s that have AMI or MMI have the hookup but just the cable itself isn't present, which is an easy fix.
AMI was available after 11/06. We have it on our 03/07 delivered car. It is always in the bottom of the center console if so equipped on 07/08's.
Old 11-30-2010, 04:15 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by chickdr
AMI was available after 11/06. We have it on our 03/07 delivered car. It is always in the bottom of the center console if so equipped on 07/08's.
I checked both locations and no Ipod port The build date is 11/06 so thats probably why. Guess I'll have to spend the $800 for the AMI...
Old 11-30-2010, 07:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

AMI €499 or Dension €379 at Kufatec why the extra $$? Fitting?
BTW Congrats, Bahia Beige or Light Silver? I cant quite make it out in the pic.
Old 11-30-2010, 11:58 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Jusforfun

499 Euros = $650 USD so not too far off anyway... Installation is likely expensive as well.
Old 11-30-2010, 01:23 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I believe it's Quartz Grey, doesn't look much different from the Avus silver on my TT, I notice the Avus silver has a nicer purple/blue pearl to it. We really wanted an S-line but getting this with the offroad lip/diffuser, it's a close 2nd for us...

Does anyone know if the Nav has a 2D view as oppose to the birds eye view that it's defaulted too?
Old 11-30-2010, 03:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My biased vote - Bahia Beige.

It looks too "yellow" next to the grey TT. It also makes a great combo with the Espresso/Peanut leather. My 07 was Cardomom Beige.

A unique Q in those colors and Off Road Pkg.

Old 11-30-2010, 04:38 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Aggie88
My biased vote - Bahia Beige.

It looks too "yellow" next to the grey TT. It also makes a great combo with the Espresso/Peanut leather. My 07 was Cardomom Beige.

A unique Q in those colors and Off Road Pkg.
Here's a pic from the dealers site, it's mosdef grey. I think the Morning Sun just hit it from a weird angle It compliments the TT quite well. Now I need to find a D2 S8 in Avus silver, the TT is getting to small and with 2 kids it doesn't really fit in with the family I'll miss my ALMS TT when she's gone, she's been pretty good to me over the years....
Old 11-30-2010, 04:56 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Nice... looks really clean for an '07.

Quick Reply: New to us 07 Q7 Prestige V6 for the wife