Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Oil drip/leak

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2020, 09:35 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Oil drip/leak

Hi all,

Wondering if I could get some opinions. Changed my oil but noticed a drip coming from (presumably) a seal, located behind the oil pan. Pictures attached.

Not sure what this is, but would appreciate your comments.

Thx!

2013 Audi Q7 TDI

Old 11-07-2020, 09:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 75 Likes on 67 Posts

Have your local dealership diagnose it, then take advantage of the extended warranty from the Dieselgate settlement. RMS replacement is covered, which saves you $8-10k in expense.
Old 11-07-2020, 09:38 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Excellent, thank you. I bought it used, so not sure if the warranty would apply - but I'll certainly check it out.
Old 11-07-2020, 09:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 568 Likes on 450 Posts

Its either Rear Main Seal, or upper oil pan.. it was both on mine, and both were covered by extended emissions warranty.. My experience was documented here: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-...ccess-2995212/
Old 11-08-2020, 05:47 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I appreciate the quick and detailed responses. Sorry for the double post - I was trying to edit the original to include the car specs, but it posted twice.

I've done a little digging. Being in Canada and a used vehicle, it's not looking good. The settlement webpage is even inop (US site still active).

I'll bring it in to the shop next week and hold my breath...
Old 11-08-2020, 05:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 77 Likes on 62 Posts

What does Canada have to do with it not looking good. Langley Audi in BC Canada fixed my oil leak. Even gave me a 2020 Q5 loaner with less than a 1000 Kms on it. They fixed my oil leak FREE. I also bought my car used and turned down the private dealer warranty due to knowing the extended dieselgate warranty would be better.
Old 11-08-2020, 06:14 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

After a cursory search, VWcanadaSettlement.ca and the -888 number listed on both Audi and the Government of Canada websites don't work. I initially was reading the buy-back and cash settlements, and this is where I got the lines crossed.

The above post got me digging further.

I found the TDI extended emissions warranty; what I can't find is the engine long block warranty (this presumably would include the seals). The material is very clear about transferability, and I fall within the warranty period.

Thanks for providing your experience. I emailed Audi earlier today...they responded within 5 minutes and I sent along my pictures. We'll be in contact tomorrow, and I'm feeling much more relieved tonight.

Old 11-09-2020, 11:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 77 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Flyincanuck
After a cursory search, VWcanadaSettlement.ca and the -888 number listed on both Audi and the Government of Canada websites don't work. I initially was reading the buy-back and cash settlements, and this is where I got the lines crossed.

The above post got me digging further.

I found the TDI extended emissions warranty; what I can't find is the engine long block warranty (this presumably would include the seals). The material is very clear about transferability, and I fall within the warranty period.

Thanks for providing your experience. I emailed Audi earlier today...they responded within 5 minutes and I sent along my pictures. We'll be in contact tomorrow, and I'm feeling much more relieved tonight.
Reading what you have posted about being within the warranty period. You will be covered. Audi Langley did charge me a 168.00 diagnostic fee. Audi of Canada was not very sympathetic and pretty much said they do not tell dealers how to run their shops. No worries though. I put lots of miles on their loaner. Also had it for 5 weeks. And when they gave me the paperwork for my car there was no bill to pay. They also remove the engine to repair it. The warranty covers a lot from glow plugs to turbo and head gaskets. Also covers every aspect of the pollution controls. Wait till the warranty expires before you chip it.
Old 11-26-2020, 01:13 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Just a follow-up; I'll owe you guys some beverages.
​​​​​​
Upper oil pan is leaking, covered under warranty, no charge for diagnostic, and a loaner!

Gotta wait a few weeks (Covid is slowing everything down), but a big relief she's going to be fixed.

Got lots of time/km left on the warranty.

​​​​​​
The following 2 users liked this post by Flyincanuck:
dreadlocks (11-26-2020), Edzzed (11-26-2020)
Old 11-26-2020, 02:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 911 Likes on 745 Posts

Originally Posted by Flyincanuck
Just a follow-up; I'll owe you guys some beverages.
​​​​​​
Upper oil pan is leaking, covered under warranty, no charge for diagnostic, and a loaner!

Gotta wait a few weeks (Covid is slowing everything down), but a big relief she's going to be fixed.

Got lots of time/km left on the warranty.

​​​​​​
Glad to hear that it was covered under the warranty.

Quick Reply: Oil drip/leak