Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Oil drip/leak

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2020, 04:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 77 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Flyincanuck
Just a follow-up; I'll owe you guys some beverages.
​​​​​​
Upper oil pan is leaking, covered under warranty, no charge for diagnostic, and a loaner!

Gotta wait a few weeks (Covid is slowing everything down), but a big relief she's going to be fixed.

Got lots of time/km left on the warranty.

​​​​​​
That's great. I sent an email to Audi in Langley BC asking if a repair is made under warranty is the diagnostic fee returned. Guess they looked me up and found I was not refunded. The reply I got was we can mail you a check. Please confirm your address. Told them I drive by the shop everyday on my way home. I will drop by Monday. better late than never. The service rep had told me it was a fee not returnable when I picked up the car.
Old 12-02-2020, 03:04 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Edzzed
That's great. I sent an email to Audi in Langley BC asking if a repair is made under warranty is the diagnostic fee returned. Guess they looked me up and found I was not refunded. The reply I got was we can mail you a check. Please confirm your address. Told them I drive by the shop everyday on my way home. I will drop by Monday. better late than never. The service rep had told me it was a fee not returnable when I picked up the car.
What pee's me off about this extended warranty, is that Audi deems it only necessary for the USA and Canada, if you speak to Audi Europe their stance is that it only effects cars in the West because the steering etc is on the other side blah blah blah, well I'm sorry Audi but regardless of steering wheel position the main engine seal is in the same position on either driving position so the TSB should be world wide ...... Moan over, good job for the guys who can get it fixed under warranty.