Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

ordered TDI

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 09:46 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ordered TDI

First Post... Ordered 2011 Q7 TDI today... Sales Manager told me he did not have an allocation for a Q7 TDI but would call the district REP to see if he could get an allocation for my car... Can anyone tell me how long the wait is??? He said Delivery should be in November....What is your opinion??? It seems like dealers only order BLACK WHITE OR GRAY...What do you think about TEAK BROWN METALIC WITH BEIGE INTERIOR?? THANKS FOR YOUR HELP
Old 08-23-2010, 11:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jerryjash
First Post... Ordered 2011 Q7 TDI today... Sales Manager told me he did not have an allocation for a Q7 TDI but would call the district REP to see if he could get an allocation for my car... Can anyone tell me how long the wait is??? He said Delivery should be in November....What is your opinion??? It seems like dealers only order BLACK WHITE OR GRAY...What do you think about TEAK BROWN METALIC WITH BEIGE INTERIOR?? THANKS FOR YOUR HELP
Mid to late November for orders now. Where are you? I know 3 2011 TDIs a dealer in TX is trying to sell. 2 on the lot a Brown, a Silver and a Black on the way. I was not interested in these.
Old 08-24-2010, 05:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

I like your color choice - personally I steer clear of black (too much sun here) and white, so I had to look around a bit and ended up finding a TDI in inventory at a dealership about 60 miles away. Took the train up and drove the car home after agreeing to terms over the phone with their internet sales manager. I wouldn't hesitate to venture out a little to make the buy and get the car you want - your local service dept won't care or even know the difference, they'll just be happy to get your business.

If you were to wait until November I would think they could order anything you want as it could be spec'd and built to order in that kind of time frame.

You're going to love the TDI.
Old 08-24-2010, 06:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

i've seen the brown at Bell Audi (NJ). very nice. i am not a beige interior fan because of the dirt it attracts. i pick mine up this friday.
Old 08-24-2010, 11:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Only 3 Teak brown cars on the forum so far (thats out of over 600). It seems to be a color that lots admire and few order.. only for the brave.
I like it, I would but my lady says no.
Look foward to seeing more pics on the forum.
Old 08-25-2010, 09:40 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default tracking the build

Does Audi allow you to track the build of your car from order to delivery?? if so, how does it work?? BMW has an 800 number where you can track your car..
Old 08-25-2010, 11:10 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I ordered my Q7 TDI in Feb. I drove it home in Aug. There were lots of reasons why my car was so late. It was ordered as a 2010 but delivered as a 2011.

I found it very difficult to track the car. Once you get a vin number I am told its a bit easier. If you contact AOA they will always contact the dealer. It seems the dealer knows more about the car delivery than AOA. It also takes AOA three days to get back to you.

Get every option you want. I was told that once the order was pulled I would have a week or so to make any changes. That was not the case. This might have been due to the change years never really understood that one. I was on the fence with the Adaptive air suspension. I would have also liked the adaptive cruise control.

Anyway the car was well worth the wait

Does Audi allow you to track the build of your car from order to delivery?? if so, how does it work?? BMW has an 800 number where you can track your car..
Old 08-28-2010, 09:27 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hi this is my first post here. also first time to the audi world... Picking up my first Audi tomorrow : 2011 Q7 TDI Prestige. Can't wait and pretty excited. There weren't too many cars around, and they are getting the car from another dealership
Old 08-30-2010, 06:29 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ordered my 2011 in May of 2010. I was looking at getting a 2010 but couldn't locate one with TDI. Plenty of v6 ones sitting. I looked everywhere for one. I had some wierd requirement such as the ventilated seats. A must. It is to hot here in NC without them. I finally gave up on finding a 2010 and ordered the 2011. I have a delivery date of Sept 29th... Can't come soon enough. I already sold my A8 and my A4. I ordered the Prestige with towing, rear side airbags, and thats all. They are selling it to me for $64,320.00 with the Audi Care package included.
Old 08-30-2010, 02:27 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hi Guys,

I just got my 2011 Q7 TDI and its absolutely stunning. This is my first Audi and I'm totally loving the car. The drive is pretty smooth and there is def some "zest" to the engine. Had a full car of adults and kids and the ride was smooth and the various options were pretty intuitive. The best part so far, drove almost 75 miles and the fuel indicator didn't move one bit from the full (thanks to the dealership). I will put up some pics soon